Chapter 23

I'll be damned if I apologize for the choices I've made. They were hard decisions, but I had good reasons for making them. ~Christine Feehan

•••••

I hit harder getting all my anger out. I was training because it helped me get my anger out. Why did he have to make me choose?

"Leila you need to stop with that. You have been training for almost a week and all you eat is a energy bar and water, you need to rest and eat Leila," Xavier has been like that since I got here. I told him what happened and he didn't take it well, it took me and the soldiers a day and a half to get to the new territory in our cars and when we got there we just went our separate ways since they knew to leave me alone.

I didn't really reject him but I had to leave. I know mates should be first in everything but my pack is first, I grew up making choices and hurting people so at some point I knew it would happen with my mate.

"Leave me Xavier. I'm just warming up so I can get the soldiers to get them ready to train," I punched the punching bag and kicked after. The bag was suddenly grabbed and Xavier was in front of me.

"They are already outside waiting for you but I told Josh to take over because you keep leaving them there stranded. You have to wake up Leila and get over it, you chose to come so stop crying around and get your ass out!" I haven't been crying but I had anger in me. I felt the urge of killing but I didn't want to tell Xavier because I knew he would want to do something about it.

I heard Xavier sigh, "Andrew called saying that he was going to kill Marcus and let the mermaids go and said that Castile is looking for you, he wants you to call him," I won't because if I hear his voice I knew that Lexi would want to go to him immediately.

"Tell him to kill the mermaids too, I don't care and even the horse, I couldn't care less," I pushed Xavier away from the punching bag and adjusted the bag and started hitting and kicking.

"You will have to call him soon to tell him that your fine. Look you have to call him because we are leaving tomorrow and I'm sure there won't be any phones over there in war," I rolled my eyes, they just can't leave me alone for one freaking second.

I stopped hitting and made my way to the door and made my way to the field, in my leggings and sport bra and with my hands wrapped up. "Andrew would be really mad at you if he saw you like this."  This was the first time I heard Lexi talk to me.

"Well he's not here so who cares," I responded back and mentally rolled my eyes.

I went to where Josh was screaming commands, I could feel the unmated wolf's eyes on me while I walked. It felt uncomfortable but they had always looked at me like that so I didn't care.

"Thanks Josh but I'll take it from here," I patted his shoulder and he gave me a small smile and nodded. It was good to be back on training and I felt better and stronger so I always took advantage of it.

"OK GUYS SO TOMORROW WE ARE LEAVING SO THIS WILL BE YOUR LAST TRAINING SO MAKE SURE YOU DO GOOD TODAY," I had to scream louder because there was more soldiers to train and I wanted them to hear me. They all bowed their head, "WE ARE STARTING ON RUNNING LIKE ALWAYS, JOG FIRST AND ONES YOU MAKE IT BACK HERE GO FOR YOUR SECOND BUT RUNNING, YOU WILL BE DOING THAT FOR 2 HOURS SINCE WE HAVE A BIGGER TERRITORY," I hate screaming but I had to do it, it was part of my job to do it.

Everyone started jogging and ones I saw the last soldier disappear I let out the air I didn't know I was holding. "You are tired aren't you? Or either you are missing your mate," I turned to my left and saw it was Lucy talking. "Both. I'm tired and I do miss him but this is my job, my duty to do this, for my parents." I remember my dad telling me no matter what, to never stop training others and to never stop fighting, so i'm never going to stop.

"You have to rest and call him. Andrew has called your brother almost every hour asking how you are doing or sometimes asking what you're doing. He even calls me and asks me for a picture of you sleeping so he could know you are sleeping fine and he could sleep knowing that you're safe," I looked at her for a moment.

"Are you saying you go to my room at night and take pictures of me sleeping?" I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her. That is some creepy shit.

She just shrugged, "He asked me to do it. He texts me everyday for a picture."

"Remind me to start locking my door at night or anytime I'm sleeping in my room," I told her and made my way to the woods were I could hear some of the guards talking.

When they saw me they bowed their heads and I just gave them a nod.

Right now I was in a plane looking out the window with my earphones on. I felt empty without Andrew, I had send him a text this morning when I woke up to get ready just like I had planned and told him I missed him and that I was fine and told him I loved him. I told him I was going to war and that no matter what happens I would always love him, I don't know if I'm coming back or not but I just had to send a message before leaving.

Xavier stayed like he always did but Connor came with us but I was left in charge like always, I didn't mind since I have royal and alpha blood and I was given the gift of leadership.

We have been in this Navy airplane that we only use when we go to war but this time we had to have 2 of them for like 13 hours so we still had 5 to 6 hours to go. I was in the first plane since it had the most important people and most of the weapons.

I had Josh next to me and Dante was next to Josh, meaning Josh was in the middle and was currently sleeping in Dante's shoulder.

I can't believe he's a soldier.

•••••

The song kinda fits to this chapter since she still loves him and stuff so yeah. I'm going to try to write a chapter everyday.

Guys I'm #891 in werewolf thank you so much, so please guys keep voting and help me get to the top.

Comment & Vote❤️