Chapter 2

edited 4/12/21
******

I woke up to a banging on the door and a familiar male voice yelling, "wake up Leila we need to leave!"

I groaned, burying my face on the pillow but then turned around to look at the alarm clock on my bedside table.

4:56am.

"Goodness sake I'm so tired," I pulled the blanket up to my head groaning at the slight headache I felt, that is what happens when you sleep for only four hours, all while there was a thunderstorm outside your window.

I rolled out of bed and stretched while yawning, if someone was to see me right now they would run out because I always wake up with my hair looking like a mess.

After hearing that I had twenty minutes to get ready I ran to the bathroom to take a a quick shower and to brush my teeth. After showering and brushing my teeth I put my undergarments and putted some ripped black jeans with a random t-shirt that was loose on me. I grabbed some converse wanting to feel comfortable during the drive and grabbed a hoodie before heading out.

On my way out I grabbed my keys to my car and headed out the door. There was four cars, three of them being black SUV's and then my  car. Each soldier was going to drive an SUV while I led them in the front. Josh will be the one with all the bags while the rest of the trucks had equipment for the training. Along with equipment we had weapons as backups, some of it being guns and wolfsbane.

"Alright well take care on the road and if anything call me. I know it's going to be a long year but try your best to not go insane." My brother chuckled, causing us to laugh as well. It was always hard to leave but knowing we won't see him for a year was a little harder.

"Call if you need backup or if you need me on the pack, only if things get out of hand. Leila take care and watch Josh, I don't want something to happen like last time," my brother pointed out to me and he looked worried and stressed. His eyes looked slightly red and were dark from not sleeping probably. Being an Alpha in this pack was heard since he was the one being called from all over the world by other alphas. He barely ever got rest.

Lucy was standing beside him, her arms on his right arm while she was on her pjs still. I went to give my brother a hug and kissed his cheek.

"I'll call if anything happens but I'm sure nothing will happen." I tried to clear the atmosphere with my cocky face that my brother always laughs at, which he did.

"Gosh I'm going to miss you dummy," he hugged me tight and ruffled my hair causing me to push his hand away in annoyance.

"No you won't, I know you make parties and have fun when I'm not here. I also know that you use my house. I'm not stupid," I laughed at his widened eyes. He might be busy but I knew he took the chance that I was away just to have fun, mostly at my house.

I turned around to go to my car and yelled out at the guys. "Let's go guys!" Then turned to Xavier, "Love you Xavier and take care of Lucy." I send Lucy a smile and a wink knowing she was always taken care of.

"I always do," he looked down with a smile on his face to a sleepy Lucy. We all got in the car and drove off.

*******

We had been driving for five hours while mind-linking each other and making fun of Josh, when we finally got out of Maine.

We have four bases on the world and each base had an alpha and they all have their own soldiers. We sometimes switch packs or go check on it to make sure everything is okay. We all are a family so if you put the four packs together we would be the largest and strongest pack in the world. In total we are 50,000 and the Red Dawn pack has 13,000 pack members so we would be the largest pack if we ever come together. All the alphas had been planning on coming together and make a new territory in Canada. The bases are in in England, Australia, North America and South America in Brazil. We plan on getting together by the end of next year so by then we just stay in our base or what we call, territory.