Chapter 31

Klaus's POV

"Kol", I say, "if you could try not to kill them all, I would also like to participate."

I see a vampire charging at me so I rip his heart out. Kol takes his baseball bat and wipes a girl's head clean off.

Elijah comes down the stairs and says, "I think we got all of his inner circle. I am taking their rings with us so they will have to make more. I say we see if we can find his witch, he must have one."

I smile and say, "First off, I need to do something."

Kol is beating a boy with his bat. I rip out the hearts of anyone who dares to come at me. I see a girl in the corner. I walk over to her making sure to wipe off a vampire's head with my hand. I walk to the girl cowering in the corner and put my bloody hands on either side of her face. She tries to fight me, but I keep her in place easily.

I bite into her neck and pull away quickly. I say, "I need you to tell Marcel to stop threatening the people I love, because if he continues, I will find him, and I will kill him."

I say to Elijah and Kol, "Don't kill this one, she needs to relay a message to our dear friend Marcel."

Kol finishes off the boy he was beating and says, "No fair, you owe me brother."

I smile and say, "Let's spread out and see if he is keeping a witch somewhere in this house."

I head for the stairs and try to listen for a heartbeat, but I can't hear one. I flash around and know that there is no one living left in this house. I go downstairs and see the girl I bit trying to tend to her dead friends.

I flash to her and grab her chin. I pin her against the wall and compel her, "Does Marcel have a witch?"

She smiles a little and says, "You can't compel me, I'm on vervain."

I say, "My blood is the cure for a wolf bite, I will give it to you if you tell me if he has a witch and where they are at."

She says, "Her name is Davina, she is in the attic above the church."

I drop her and start walking away. She blurts out, "What about your blood? You promised you would give it to me."

"Promises were meant to be broken. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some brothers to collect and a witch to kill."

Rebekah's POV

I head to the bar where Marcel usually is around this time of day. He is sitting at a bar stool talking to that bartender, Camille, if I am correct. I sit down beside him and say, "Bourbon, make it fast."

The girl nods and turns around to make it. Marcel turns to look at me, "What no please and thank you, I thought you were raised better than that Bekah."

I scoff and say, "Yes, a millennium ago."

He smiles and says, "So what are you doing here Rebekah?"

I say, "I need a drink, you try living in a house with Nik and Kol."

He says, "I have before, remember when we were all a family and lived in the same house?"

I say, "Ah, yes, one of the few times I can remember Nik not totally obsessed with breaking his curse."

He asks me, "So I need to know, Rebekah, do you still have feelings for me?"

No Marcel, I do not have feelings for you, I think. I need to keep him here for a while so I say, "Maybe I would if you weren't trying to kill my brother."

The Camille girl comes up to me and says, "Here is your bourbon."

"Took you long enough."

"Yeah, well I had to get this."

I feel a huge pain and look at my chest, down at the dagger in my heart. All I can get out is, "How?"