Chapter Ten:

That Sunday we are laying in bed naked when we hear the front door open. We hear Wendy sister yell that the kids are home.

We say shit at the same time. We hurry and get dress. We are just getting done putting our shirts on when the door opens. Her sister walks in and says, " What are you two doing?"

Her sister doesn't know about us and Wendy wants to keep it that way for now. Wendy says, " She was helping me clean the room."

" Oh ok well I had to bring the kids home early."

Thank God she believed her. Wendy says, " Ok thanks for watching them."

" Anytime."

She walks out and when we hear the front door shut we start laughing a lot.

We decide to take the kids out. We go to the park and stay there all day acting like a family. Man I love this woman. Did I just think that. Well I'm not going to say it first.

That night we cuddle and while we are laughing in bed talking about a lot of different things Wendy leans over and says, " I want you to know you make me so happy and I love you."

" I love you too."

We kiss. I decide to do something really romantic. I say, " I will be right back."

She nods. I go to my room and get my guitar. I don't know if Wendy knows that I know how to play but I am about to show her.

I go back in the room and sit down on the bed. I don't have to look up the song because I know it by hurt.

I start strumming the cords.

I then start singing,

" She says I smell like safety and home

I named both of her eyes "Forever" and "Please don't go"

I could be a morning sunrise all the time, all the time yeah

This could be good, this could be good

And I can't change, even if I tried
Even if I wanted to

And I can't change, even if I tried
Even if I wanted to

My love, my love, my love, my love
She keeps me warm, she keeps me warm

What's your middle name?

Do you hate your job?

Do you fall in love too easily?

What's your favorite word?

You like kissing girls?

Can I call you baby?

Yeah, yeah

She says that people stare 'cuz we look so good together
Yeah, yeah, yeah

And I can't change, even if I tried
Even if I wanted to

And I can't change, even if I tried
Even if I wanted to

My love, my love, my love, my love
She keeps me warm, she keeps me warm [x2]

I'm not crying on Sundays, I'm not crying on Sundays [x2]

Love is patient, love is kind [x4]

My love, my love, my love, my love
She keeps me warm, she keeps me warm."

Wendy looks at me in awe. She says, " What is the name of that song and did you write it."

I laugh a little and say, " It's called she keeps me warm and no I didn't right it. A singer named Mary Lambert did."

" Well it is amazing."

" Yeah it is just like you."

She smiles and kisses me. I love her smile and I want to keep it on her face forever.