~Aerials!~

Hey there! It's Em!

I got my side aerial today! Yay! And after finally doing it for the first time, I realised exactly what I was doing wrong, so in this chapter, I will be telling you a few tips to achieve the acrobatics skill you've wanted to do forever!

NOTE: Please warm up and stretch before you try any of these tutorials.

~ CONFIDENCE ~
• First up, you need to have not only confidence in yourself, but that you can do this, and you can do it great!
• Keep telling yourself over and over again that you will do it, it helped me heaps.

~ WHIP ~
• Whip your legs around, because if you don't, you won't be able to get yourself in the air.
• Whip your arms, too. Depending on how you whip them, it will give you enough power to get around.

~ HURDLE ~
• The hurdle is probably be of the most important features of an aerial. Not only will it predetermine whether you I'll be bel to push off hard enough or not, it is what will get you the height you need.
• Your hurdle should be long, and not high, because if it's high, you will have nowhere to go. Also, if you keep your torso slightly forward, it will help you to whip better.

~ THE LANDING ~
• The other most important part. It's probably your landing that's holding you back. Something that helped me was to try to start lifting your chest before your landing leg actually touches the ground.
• Look for your landing leg. It will help you heaps, trust me.
• Land in a lunge. Otherwise, you can potentially hurt yourself.

~ IN THE AIR ~
• While you're in the air, don't freak out and put your hands down. Enjoy the time you're in the air, it's the closest you'll get to flying.
• Point your feet and keep your legs straight. Pay attention to the way you hold your arms. Keep them as straight as you can and try not to do awkward things with your hands. It is hard, but once you get more confident with your aerials, it will get easier.

~ MOST IMPORTANT: DON'T GIVE UP!! ~
• As hard as it is, and as frustrated as you might get, it gets easier. It took me nearly two years to get my aerial, it could take you hours, days, weeks, months or years to get it. Just don't give up. I know how hard it is to tell yourself to keep going and keep trying. Keep telling yourself you can. You can do anything with enough practice, time and effort. I know. I'm not going to brag about how I can do a side aerial, because mine's not perfect, it's not consistent. I don't do it every time I try, but it's getting better. I only got it this afternoon after hours of practice every day. Just please, don't give up. Please keep trying.

---

Thanks for reading! I love comments, so answer the QOTC and leave requests! Also, a vote would be appreciated.

~ Emmy X

~~~~
QOTC: How long did it take you to get your side aerial? Or if you can't do one yet, how close are you.

AOTC: It took me two years to get mine.
~~~~
Comment ":)" if you read to here!