~How to use Emotion and be a Good Performer~

Hey dancers! Emmy here! (Duh)

This chapter is going to focus on having a good performance and showing emotion. (That's why I included a picture of Maddie, because she's awesome at it.)

This chapter was suggested by @MikaylaJaneWelch

• In my opinion, the quality of a dancer's performance is based on the emotion that is shown throughout the dance.

• Ask your self this question; What is the theme of the dance? Is it a sassy number, or a sad number. This will determine what facials you need to use throughout the dance and what emotions you should show (happy, sad, excited, etc).

• If the dance has a sad feel to it (e.g. Lyrical, not always though), imagine you feel the same way as the singer. It helps with making your facials seem less forced. Do the same thing if the song's happy, too, just imagine you're happy instead.

• Listen to the lyrics of the song, this also helps with making your facials natural and not forced.

Breboo15975384268624 suggested that in a lyrical dance, over exaggerate your breathing so you can hear it, but not so much that the audience can hear it. By the end of the dance you should be tired and breathing deeply.

• If all else fails, just try your best. You will get there eventually. As long as you smile, and make it look like you're having a good time, you'll do fine!

Once again, thanks for reading my book, and Happy Easter 🐰🍫

Xx Emmy xX

~~~~

QOTC: What is your favourite style of dance?

AOTC: YOU CANT EXPECT ME TO ANSWER THIS!!!!😩😩😩 I love all styles of dance. As long as I can dance, I'm happy.

Comment below with any questions or advice you have!