Chapter 15

The next day was the concert in Raleigh, Scotty's hometown show. This was the 3rd sold out show on the tour. Haley was still nauseous the next day but could make it through rehearsals. She didn't attend the meet and greet however because she was feeling pretty bad at that point. Yesterday Scotty had gone out and bought the ring he was going to give Lauren onstage when he proposed that night. He went pretty late at night so no one in the press would see it before the concert. The concert started off like any other concert. Scotty got a lot of cheers throughout the show as well as Lauren.

"Hey Raleigh," Lauren giggled as the crowd cheered "It's so crazy to be back in Scotty's Hometown I've been really looking forward to this show to see all of his family and friends again just like I saw mine last show...anyway welcome to the American Idols Live Tour 2016! I hope you guys enjoy the first person, my friend who's on a roll Stefano," Lauren giggled as she walked backstage as Stefano began to perform.

Haley made it through her 3 songs during the first half fine which was good she was worried about the nausea coming back but she seemed to be okay even though she just felt a little strange but in a way she couldn't explain. "Thank you Raleigh, we will be right back in a few minutes with the second half of the show this was fun," Haley laughed as the girls walked backstage. "How're you feeling?" Lauren asked Haley. "Better...just weird I don't even know what the hell is going on with me," Haley said honestly. "Aww...I'm sorry to hear that..." Lauren said trying to think of how to word what she was pretty sure might be going on with Haley but she just didn't know how to tell her.

'Let Haley figure it out Lauren....for goodness sake she'll know eventually,' Lauren thought to herself as the second half of the show began. Scotty performed his second song 'Feelin' It' and then it was time. "Thank y'all so much Raleigh...there's someone who I wanna call onstage right now...Lauren, come on out," Scotty smiled as Lauren walked out and the crowd cheered. "Hey y'all..." Lauren giggled. "At this time is usually when Lauren and I sing a duet together but...there's something I need to do before this duet. Lauren, from the day I met you I just knew you were going to be someone special in my life. I know we went through a rough patch of our relationship when we didn't see each other much but I can't tell you how much I missed you all of that time. I don't want to have to be without you in my life for any longer so I ask you," Scotty said as he got down on one knee, opened up a jewelry box and the crowd went insane. McLaina fans were in tears and practically everyone was filming. "Lauren Alaina Kristine Suddeth, will you marry me,"

Lauren couldn't help but tear up. She knew this was going to happen but just hearing everything Scotty had to say just made her emotional. "Yes...yes I will marry you," Lauren said wiping her eyes as Scotty put the ring on her finger. The two of them kissed for awhile onstage before moving on to 'Remind Me'. They walked offstage with an arm around each other just happy to be together for the first time in a long time. This moment was just a long time coming for them.

The concert shortly came to a close as the contestants started to make their way out to meet the fans. "I'm going to meet some people I feel so bad for before," Haley yawned. "Hales...you seem tired...maybe you should sleep," Casey said. "No...no I'm fine," Haley said as she walked outside to meet some fans. "Typical stubborn Haley," Casey laughed as he joined her outside to meet the fans. After they finished up Haley fell asleep on the bus as soon as she layed down. Casey laughed a bit "Well someone was tired," "I guess she was," Lauren giggled as well. The other contestants besides a sleeping Haley celebrated McLaina's engagement as they prepared to take on the next city, Vienna, Virginia.