Chapter 22 -- Gravity Control Propulsion Research Really Is Rocket Science

Start from the beginning

I looked down at the parts and wires and circuit boards and laptops, "So this is where Meriwether comes in?"

"Yes," Timothy nodded thoughtfully, "I'd love to discuss his latest research if he'll talk to me. It's mostly done in secret like we do. So I've hacked into his research servers and downloaded his files. I thought I'd show him that we have access to everything, his secrecy has been breached, so there's nothing to keep secret."

Stephen broke in looking at Timothy, "Have you given any thought to what you'll say to convince the man to take his family and leave Alaska?"

Timothy ran his hand through his hair, "He won't believe us without proof, and the only way to prove this is for our Luna to provide a demonstration."

I looked up in alarm, I'd never done anything like that before. Timothy quickly continued looking at me, "It would be done here, of course, and with your permission I'd like to start working on directing your powers so you can use them."

I immediately turned to Stephen just now realizing I'd been setup. "Bas-" I started to say, but Stephen quickly put a finger over my mouth.

"Uh,uh Mate," he linked me and gave me the stare that promised punishment if I kept swearing.

I pushed his finger off my lips and glared at him, and out loud I said, "Why didn't you just tell me that's what you wanted?" I itched to smack the smirk off his face.

"Because I know you," he said and leaned down to kiss me. Well I didn't feel like kissing him so I just stood there. His lips felt so soft, and his scent so... him. My body automatically relented and I moved my lips in response. He pulled away with a smirk of triumph on his face. Ass.

Timothy watched the interchange between us, intrigued. I looked at him and said in my Luna voice, "I don't ever want to be surprised like this again, understood?"

Timothy bowed his head and murmured, "Yes Luna." I noticed the other researchers in the room were shocked at my Luna voice and had their heads bowed as well.

I sighed out a breath, rolled my eyes, and soldiered on in my normal voice, "Come on, let's go hear what your grand plan is- I know you have one. And don't worry, I'll discuss this later with my Alpha." I said the last part glaring at Stephen who just folded his arms and looked back with a stern expression.

Timothy looked at me a little nervous and said quickly, "Well then you need to know that we have a special shielded room prepared and, uh, Neil is waiting there for us."

"Is he?" I asked softly and took a step closer to Stephen, my anger rising and my palms itched to slap the smug look off his handsome face. Stephen remained silent, but looked down at my hand like he was daring me to do it. I realized in his mind this was a test of my control as my eyes got blacker with anger. Breathing in slowly I concentrated on calming down. My wolf and I only wanted to be outside for a few minutes so we could breathe the air, just have a few minutes to be alone to calm down. But it was not to be.

"Danika, it's time we do this," Stephen said to me. I knew he was correct, but I didn't like it.

Looking at Timothy I said, "Lead on, McDuff". I knew the quote was wrong but it seemed to fit the situation, plus was slightly insulting to Timothy. He just nodded his head and continued to a door at the far end of the room. We walked through it, and there was a table where Neil sat in his sweater. He looked better, and also looked a little bit excited like he was going on his own 'special op'. I suppose in a way he was.

"Luna," Neil said and got up while bowing his head.

"Neil," I said leaving him standing there like that, I didn't dismiss him. It was my little way to punish him for his part of this conspiracy.