Nineteen: Night Changes

Start from the beginning

"Aw, thank you, darlin'", Aunt Glee blushed a little. "Please, call me Glee. Any friend of Elsa is absolutely a friend of mine."

Jack moved over a bit to peer over the deep skating oval where a few skaters were out and about. Aunt Glee pulled me over to the side, with a bright smile on her face.

"Friend, huh?" she giggled like a teenager. Ah, nothing new with Aunt Glee.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't know! I'm confused."

"Eh, what about that best friend of yours? Robin, right?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

I shrugged, "Him, too."

We both looked over at Jack ― seemingly very amused at what he saw.

"He does seem familiar, though," she commented. Oh, no.

"He... He does. Doesn't he?" I smiled, trying to hide what I knew. I can't let this out of the public. I'm scared.

After a bit of a chit-chat, Aunt Glee gave us a free pass to the rink. Perks of being friends and relatives of everybody. Jack and I headed to the room, which I dubbed as the "skate pantry", since it was a room filled with rollerskates of different colors. Everyone is actually encouraged to choose their own pair from the shelves, and of course, everyone's expected to return them as well. But Aunt Glee has so much pairs that she never even notices when one is stolen.

I picked up a pale blue pair of skates― the same pair I always wear whenever I'm here.The only downside to this place was Aunt Glee wanted everyone to access every pair in the place, so she didn't allow me to reserve this pair for myself, so I hide it. I always hid it behind the Lisa Frank-inspired skates, since no one really picks up those skates.

Jack was lost into the skate pantry, and I saw him popping out of the corner― a pair of white skates on his hand saying, "This place is way too awesome for me to handle."

"My family is too cool, huh?" I said with a smile, sitting down to slide the skates to my feet. Hm, they seem smaller than they used to be.

"I can't believe you have this place, and rarely go here," he commented, also sitting down beside me to tie his skates up.

I shrugged. This place seemed really normal to me, and it should be for him, too― but why is he all too excited for this? It seemed like a pretty normal thing to do.

Maybe he's just being polite, and trying to really appreciate this silly simple thing that I've barely planned for us today.

"What are you waiting for, angel?" Jack pulled me up, causing me to outbalance myself― and he caught me before I fell. Actually, I did fall... but not in the physical way, though.

"Thanks," I said, as I could hear and feel myself profusely blush hard. He seemed to notice it as well, and he ran his free hand through his hair. Believe me, any fangirl would throw herself out on this boy right now― and I'm not.

Hand in hand, we skated towards the rink. Surprisingly, he's holding himself up quite nicely. I had a few slips, but he was quite a pro in this― like he's done this before so many times in his life.

Only around five to seven people were skating in the rink with us. They were either older adults, or little kids, which meant no teenager was going to barge into our perfect day.