Chapter 26

The whole youtube gang met up at Covent Garden where a bus was waiting to take them up to the paint balling centre. There was a few people going: Jack and Finn of course, Casper, Maz, Sam Pepper, Louis, Jim and Tanya, John and Leon from the Lean Machines, Jack Howard and then there was Zoe and Louise and Alfie and Marcus.

Alfie's POV

We arrived at Covent garden and it was so good to see everyone! I was really excited. But then I saw Zoe, she never looked at me and I tried to steer my attention away from her. She had made me pretty angry to be fair and I had no intentions to speak to her today. I'd just keep out of her way as much as it was possible.

The bus pulled up and we all queued up like a bunch of school kids to get on it.

"Shall we sit with Zoe and Louise Alf? Where are they.." Marcus said looking up and down the queue.

"Um, I'm alright. You can if you want."

"What, why not?" Said Marcus, puzzled. I hadn't even told Marcus about the fall out whatsoever.

"Well, we kind of just had a bit of a disagreement.. Don't fancy talking to her at the moment."

"You had a fall out?!" Marcus gasped.

"Shhhtp!" I said with a glare. He always shouted things at the worst time.

"Sorry, why?" He whispered.

"I'll tell you when we're on the bus."

So after we all got seated and the bus started to drive I vaguely told Marcus the details. I said that Zoe broke up with Josh, cried to me about it, heard some horrible things, cut off all contact with him, next minute she's back with him, I told her it's a mistake, she said it was none of my business, I said I was being a friend, she told me to butt out, we hadn't spoken since.

Of course Marcus didn't know the half of it, had no idea what had gone on between us and no idea about my feelings for her so he rambled on about how I should be the bigger person and apologise. I was having none of it at the moment.

The group arrived within 15 minutes. They first split up into two teams. Team 1 was: Alfie, Casper, Marcus, Louise, John and Leon, Jack Howard.

Team 2 was: Jim, Tanya, Zoe, Maz, Sam, the twins and Louis.

They then got kitted up in camouflage gear and were given their guns and a tutorial on how to use them before being given 5 minutes to go off and get there places before the klaxon went.

It was a fairly big place they were playing in, a forest/swamp kind of thing. Alfie, Marcus and Jack took it seriously with face paint on pretending they were mission impossible doing dives and what not.

Jim was out as well as Finn and Louis.

The three lads walked around and heard a Tanya Burr squirm "I surrender.." As she walked out from behind a bush. The guys creased up laughing. "Please don't shoot me!" She jokingly pleaded. Alfie, being a gentleman, shot a paint ball to the ground then wiped his hand across it so he got paint on his hand.. He wiped it on Tanya's overalls and said "you're out." meaning no one had to shoot her. She ran off happily.

"If Tanya was here, that must mean Zoe's around here somewhere boys. The girls would deffo have stuck together." Said Jack.

He was right, Alfie thought and decided to depart from the lads whilst they searched for her so he didn't have to see her himself.

He walked around the outskirts of the area looking for anyone but Zoe.

"Alfie!" He heard someone shout making him jump. He knew who it was and chose to ignore it. "Alfie!" She said again. He heard her jogging behind to catch him up. "Alfie!" She was more or less right behind him now.

"What Zoe?" Alfie replied sharply still not looking at her. He carried on walking.

"Just stop and speak to me will you?"

"Why should I?"

"Because we need to speak!"

"Fucking hell, why?"

"Me and Josh broke up."

"And?"

"Don't be like that Alfie."

"Well what do you want me to be like Zoe?" He said as he turned around on the spot. "What, shall I be sorry for you? I'm sorry things didn't work out for you Zoe. Maybe in a few weeks you can forget all about what happened and you'll be all fine and dandy again."

"Alfie! I made a mistake. I'm sorry."

"Oh, no shit Sherlock. I did tell you."

"I know. I should have listened. I'm sorry."

"It's a bit late for that. Look I don't want to hear it. It's done and dusted now. Now are you going to fucking shoot me or not?"

"No Alfie, you shoot me."

"Fuck Zoe, you say it as if I shoot you then you're all forgiven and we're even. It's not like that Zoe. I'm waking away."

"I wasn't meaning that. Alfie."

Alfie didnt respond, he just carried on walking. Zoe ran after him, "Alfie, don't walk away from me!" He ignored her and she grabbed his arm to which he just shrugged her off. She did it again. "Get off me Zoe, this isn't a game." He shrugged her off again this time with a little more force as she tussled with his arm. She lost her footing down a slippy bank and taking Alfie with her they splashed into brown, muddy water.

Zoe squealed prompting Marcus and Jack to run up to the water. They saw what had happened and pulled them both out. "What happened?" Jack laughed.

Alfie walked off dripping with brown water. Zoe followed. "Quit following me Zoe. Look what mess we're in now. Great."

Marcus and Jack gave eachother a 'what the heck' glance and sniggered.

Alfie and Zoe marched past everyone who was out and was spectating. Marcus and Jack weren't far behind them and Louise ran up and asked what happened. Jack informed her what had happened whilst Marcus ran after the pair.

"Alf you alright man?"

"Yeah I'm gonna go back to the hotel and get a shower."

"Alright man, shall I come?"

"Nah man, I'll text you and find out where you are then I'll meet you."

"Alright, keep me posted."

Alfie walked up to the taxi rank.. Zoe followed him. He turned around to see her there. "Zoe, just leave me alone. Please."

"Fine" she said and got in the taxi behind.