Chapter 21

Zoe toddled off inside with a blanket wrapped around her. She heard Alfie running down the stairs and he stumbled into the living room. He was now clothed in some jogging bottoms and a t-shirt.

He chucked some boxer shorts and a t-shirt at Zoe. "Here, you can wear these tonight," Alfie smiled.

"Thanks Alf," she replied and went to the bathroom to get dressed and brushed her teeth before returning to Alfie who was putting a film in the DVD player.

Alfie's POV

Zoe walked in wearing my boxers and my t-shirt that hung off her and my god did she look sexy in it. We sat down on the floor infront of the TV and watched a film: Shaun of the Dead.

The pair of them fell to sleep shortly after the film had began and were crashed all over the floor. Alfie woke just after 2am with a confused face. He picked Zoe up in his arms and took her upstairs laying her on his bed. He climbed in himself and went straight back off to sleep.

Zoe's POV

I woke up with a sore shooting pain to the side of my head. I looked to my side and saw a half naked Alfie sprawled all over the place on the bed making me chuckle. I looked at the clock which was on the opposite wall. I scrunched my eyes to read it, still adjusting to the sun light which was just peeping through the blinds. It was 5 to 6. I let my head crash back down to the pillow and fell straight back to sleep.

I woke up again some hours later to the sound of pots and bottles clattering. I went downstairs to the kitchen and saw a pale green faced Alfie clearing up.

Alfie jumped when he saw Zoe. "Zoe! Sorry did I wake you up?"

Zoe tiredly shook her head. "I didn't realise we had drunk so much." Alfie said with a gag as he poured away some a debatable looking wishy washy cocktail.

Zoe looked at the clock, half 11. "Why didn't you wake me?" Zoe asked.

"I didn't want to. You looked so peaceful." Alfie said making Zoe smile. "I'm surprised I didn't wake you sooner, been over the toilet wrenching me guts out for a good half hour about half 9ish" Zoe's smile turned into a disgusted face.

"Not gonna lie, I don't feel the best." Zoe laughed.

"Was a bit surprised when I saw you next to me this morning. Don't know how that happened. Memories of the end of the night are still a bit hazy. I'm aching like mad.. What did we do!" He said with a laugh.

Zoe's POV

Shit, he doesn't remember what we did last night. Shit. This is awkward. "Urr, I'm going to get changed and get going I think."

"Oh do you not want breakfast?" Alfie replied.

"No thanks, I'll just get going."

"Placed a towel out if you want a shower."

"No, I just want to get back if that's alright."

"Oh, uhh.. Okay." Alfie replied awkwardly.

Zoe looked down at what she was wearing.. "Uh I'll take these and then wash them."

"No need, I'll do it."

"Yeah I will."

Alfie's POV

Zoe cleared off really quickly. Why? Oh shit. She regretted it all didn't she? Oh for heavens sake. That's it, we can't be trusted alone because we go ahead and break the boundaries and then I'm the one left buzzing from it all and she just fucks off and regrets it all. Agr. It's so hard because I'm so fricken into her! It's not like I can even consult anyone about it.