Chapter 24

Alfie's POV

So me and Zoe, well we talk occasionally; not as often as we used too but the odd conversation now and then. I haven't seen her since everything, which was about 3 weeks ago now. I wasn't really sure how I felt. I mean, I can't lie I really do like her and my feelings aren't just going to drop like that, but I don't know.. The way she was, was she embarrassed by me?

I typed Zoe's name into the Facebook search bar. Creepy as it sounds I did sometimes do this.. Just to look at her pictures and to see what she's up to since we don't have those conversations daily anymore. I miss her, I miss us.

As I scrolled down her page my heart dropped.

*Zoe Sugg is now friends with Josh Pritchard.*

She's not.. She can't be. I checked his picture to check if I was mistaken - but no, she was friends again with her ex boyfriend. Why would she do that? There must be some logical explanation, maybe she just accepted so he would stop sending requests.

Still bugging my mind I switched my attention to twitter and looked through her most recent followers, of course he followed her but what was worse was that I saw following him.

I found myself scrolling through Josh's tweets.

'Didnt see that coming; or did I? #winner'

'So good to see your smile again.'

'Just when you thought you'd never get the chance to see that special someone again'

'Could not be happier.'

'Amen to second chances.'

'Slowly rebuilding.'

'Feels better than ever'

'#changedman.' 1 Favourite - Zoe Sugg. My heartbeat began to race.

'JZ

I couldn't fucking believe it. My body started to shake, and my cheeks went a light shade of red.

Alfie pulled out his phone and made a text to Zoe punching every letter with such force.

"I cannot believe you would do that. After EVERYTHING."

Minutes later Zoe replied, Alfie's heartbeat rose in anticipation. He shook his head as he read the words "He's changed"

"BULL SHIT ZOE. I never thought you'd fall for such crap. Believe me Zoe, I know the type of guy. Manipulative, controlling, spiteful wanker!"

"Alfie, I know what I am doing."

"After everything you told me, after everything we talked about. Zoe it's a mistake."

"Don't Alfie, it's none of your business."

"We're supposed to be best fucking friends and I don't know if you recall the events from a few weeks ago but I think it kind of involves me a little. Well I tell you what Zoe, it all makes fucking sense now."

"I wouldn't go there Alfie. Don't even try to insinuate that I led you on either. I told you no from the start."

"That's not even the point though. Bye Zoe."

Alfie chucked his phone and watched it bounce off his bed to somewhere behind his cupboards. He sighed, holding his head and collapsed to the bed.

Zoe's POV

My heart literally dropped to the floor when i read Alfie's text. Those words "I cannot believe you would do that. After EVERYTHING." - I knew exactly what he referring to. I knew it had to come out sometime soon that I was seeing Josh again but I'd hoped Alfie wouldn't find out that way. To anyone else it wasn't a big deal, but to Alfie after our conversation them months ago, it was.

I had never intended to get back with Josh. He still had some of my stuff and he called around unannounced and I was the only one in. He was practically on his knees begging for forgiveness, telling me how he had changed and he certainly has. He's amazing, the Josh I knew when I first ever met him. I do believe in second chances and he proved to me that he deserved one.