A nagging feeling from the back of his brain roused him from his slumber. Giorgino lifted his wrist and checked the time. He was sure he napped for only a few minutes.

He had slept for an hour.

His eyes nearly bulged out of his head. He shot a glance at the trap. The berries were still intact. Not a single unicorn had fallen for his trap? He waved his arm and cast some more spells, hoping that they would lure the creature. It had to work. It had to. He had lessons to catch and an ingredient to deliver. He bit his lip as he eyed the trap. Come on, unicorn. I got you your favorite food.

Not a single unicorn graced his presence. Giorgino sighed. He had spent too long in the forest. He placed one hand over his trap. Undo, undo. The net he formed became visible once more before untangling itself. With a wave of his hand, Giorgino collected the berries and stuffed the ropes back into his bag. He jumped off the tree and made his way back to the city, his head hanging low. He failed.

***

Eddie walked alongside Jon and Stella as they passed through the exit, clutching his stomach while trying to contain his laughter. The three of them had just ridden a rollercoaster.

"Jon, I had no idea you were a scaredy-cat!" Eddie laughed.

"I wasn't scared!" Jon denied.

"Yeah, you were. You were hysterical. I could hear you screaming and crying and I looked to my right thinking it was Stella, but it came from you!"

"I was just... being excited."

"Then let's go again—"

"No!"

Eddie and Stella guffawed while Jon stood there, his cheeks reddening. Eddie shook his head. An amusement park ride struck more fear in Jon than the first villain they fought in Oppidula. It should be the other way around. The trio ambled down the path as they searched for José.

José was the only adult who accompanied them to Parc Astérix. Knowing how Letizia was fond of shopping—and spending other people's money—Eddie arranged a personal assistant to take her and Celestine on a shopping spree. It was the perfect arrangement. Letizia was hours away, busy picking shoes and shirts, thinking her daughter was doing nothing but having fun at a theme park. Little does she know. The trio could sneak off to Nitea without having to worry the slightest bit. The trio took a left turn. José was seated at a bench, holding three bags. One of them belonged to him, the sling bag belonged to Stella, and the messenger bag belonged to Eddie. Upon noticing the trio approaching him, José stood up from his seat and strolled towards the three.

José returned the bags to Eddie and Stella. "How was the ride?" he asked the trio.

"It was exhilarating!"

"It was fun!"

"It was terrifying."

Eddie and Stella laughed once more while José chuckled. Jon turned a deeper shade of crimson.

"Anyway, thanks a lot for watching over our bags," Eddie thanked José.

"You're welcome. I have nothing to do here anyway, except, maybe remind you to drink water." José checked his wristwatch. "It's almost time. You three better go now."

The trio bid José goodbye and walked in the opposite direction, following the footpath. Their eyes darted all over the place as they searched for a place to teleport.

"How about in the toilet?" Stella suggested. "Nobody can see us there."

"But we can't go in the same toilet, can we?" Eddie said. "However, maybe we can go behind it."