Gina had invited Luke and I for dinner. We hadn't had a big catch up in a while especially with work being in the way all the time. I was excited, it would be just like old times- Luke and I living with Gina and the boys and their hilarious but sometimes irritating personalities that I missed. 

We arrived on time, just as Gina had specifically asked, and went inside. 

"We're here!" I called as we walked in the door.

"WOOOOO" I heard Beau coming from the other room. I attempted to save myself and slip out of the room but it was too late. I was engulfed in a suffocating hug. "RUBY,"

"Hey Beau!" I giggled as I finally escaped. As Luke and Beau greeted each other in a way that some breed of wild animals would, I went into the kitchen to say hello to Gina and Jai.

"Hii!" I chimed. They both turned around from the bench and their faces lit up.

"Hi you!" Gina exclaimed. "It feels like it's been forever!" she said as she hugged me. Jai took Ginas place as he hugged me closely. I hadn't seen him in over a month.

"It's been ages Jai!" I exclaimed.

"I know!"

"A month is far too long! Never again!" I joked, although Jai's face dropped and his head just nodded. He walked over to Gina and whispered something that I couldn't unserstand, but by the look on Gina's face- I didn't think I really wanted to.

Everything went downhill from there on.

"Are you joking me Jai?!" Gina hissed. I didn't want to interupt, so I instead went into the loungeroom where Beau and Luke were hanging out.

"So what's been happening?" I asked as I sat next to Beau. Beau looked just as grumpy as Gina had and I instantly felt uncomfortable. The complete opposite to the way he was before which made me come to the conclusion that Luke had said something to upset him. I looked over at Luke who was shooting the evils directly at his brother.

"Absolutely nothing Rubes, Luke would've told you if anything important was going on. Right Luke?" he said sarcastically. Luke got up angrily and left the room.

"What was tha-" I started but was cut off by Gina calling for dinner. Beau got up and walked faster than I'd ever seen him move to the kitchen table. It was only a natural instinct to feel a bit scared, annoyed but most of all angry. Not only was Luke acting secretive for all these months, but now Beau and Jai? I sat down across from Jai while Gina sat next to me and Luke and Beau at either end of the table. All was silent except the scraping of cutlery.

"Is everything okay?" I cautiously asked. Luke's expression softened as he looked at me as though he was talking to a child.

"Everything's fine babe." he said calmly.

"Perfect." Beau muttered under his breath.

"Boys, don't start." Gina begged.

"It's not my fault your son -"

"BEAU! Quiet." Gina inforced before Beau could finish his sentence. "We are trying to have a nice family dinner and you are ruining it." 

I looked at the glare that laid set between Luke and Beau and was suddenly put off what was supposed to be a fun occasion. I stood up and moved slowly.

"Excuse me," I said pretending to go to the bathroom. Gina half smiled at me, trying to patch up the awkwardness. I got to the bathroom and locked myself in, sitting on the edge of the bath and taking deep breaths. Something wasn't right. I could hear a lot of bickering from the dining room, mainly coming from Beau.