• | Chapter Seven | •

Start from the beginning

"YAAASSS RILEY!" Jay yelled at the top of her lungs, cheering her best friend on.

Riley momentarily caught a glimpse of Jay and smiled before going on with the routine.

Jay felt herself dancing to the music while cheering until she suddenly froze when her eyes met the familiar brown doe-eyes and her breath lodged in her throat.

"M-Mr. Jackson?" She gasped as he approached her.

"Hello, Jay." He smiled, standing next to her. "Didn't think I'll come across you in these large crowds."

"I didn't think I'll come across you at all." She replied and he chuckled.

"I usually don't do football games," He admitted, "but I wanted to see Riley perform."

She gaped at him, a little shocked. She may have joked about it, but she didn't expect for it to become reality. "You wanted to see Riley?"

"She said Trent's routine is 'pretty cool', so I came to see for myself." He shrugged and bit the corner of his lip. "Where is she?"

Jay easily hid her smirk as she pointed her best friend out. Mr. Jackson's eyes followed her finger to where Riley was dancing.

While he focused solely on Riley, Jay quickly skimmed over his outfit and cocked an eyebrow. Although his clothing was mostly dark, he didn't fail to swoon the girls and women he walked by. His black, graphic shirt and dark jeans hugged his lean body perfectly and his high top sneakers gave him a hint of swag. His curly hair perfectly framed his face.

"She's amazing." He breathed, unable to keep his eyes off her as she danced gracefully on the field.

"Is she now?" She smirked, giving Mr. Jackson a playful side-eye.

He glanced at Jay and his cheeks flushed. "I mean she's a really great dancer. I have to give credit when it's due."

"Mhm," She hummed, focusing back on her best friend.

He chuckled to himself as he continued to watch Riley as well.

After the ten minute performance, the crowd applauded loudly as the guard and band smiled before grabbing their things and leaving the field.

Once Riley put away her weapon and helped the other members with loading the truck that held the props, she quickly went back towards the stand where Jay stood.

She looked next to her and Mr. Jackson was gone. She furrowed her eyebrows as Riley ran up to her and grabbed her arm.

"Riley, you won't believe-" She was cut short as Riley pulled her along.

"Have to use the bathroom!" She said urgently, pushing through the crowd and into the bathroom.

Thankfully, the line wasn't long and Riley was able to get inside the stall quick enough.

"Riley, guess what?" Jay excitedly jumped after Riley exited the stall and washed her hands.

"What?"

"Mr. Jackson is here!" Jay technically squealed.

Riley was in the midst of drying her hands when she froze. "He's here, here?"

"Yes, dude!" Jay was grinning terribly hard.

Riley's eyes widened. "That means-"

"He saw you dancing your little heart out. And he was impressed." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Nuh-uh, quit lying." Riley scoffed as they left the bathroom.

"I'm serious!" Her best friend said as they ventured out to the crowded snack stand. "He said he came to see you."

"I don't believe you." She responded, heading to one of the lines.

"Riley, I swear! He literally said he came for you!" Jay was still jumping excitedly.

Riley processed what she said and her heart fluttered. "He really came to a game just to see me?"

Jay nodded and Riley deeply blushed. Suddenly, a mischievous grin came across Jay's face.

"What?" Riley asked, but she was pushed into a stranger as Jay ran off.

"Jay!" Riley yelled, annoyed. She turned to the stranger immediately after. "I'm so sorry."

"You're good." The stranger replied, turning to Riley.

His eyebrows raised in surprise and Riley gasped. His eyes scanned over fitting uniform and he softly bit his lip briefly.

"Riley." Mr. Jackson grinned.

"H-hey." She stammered, her cheeks burning in embarrassment. "I didn't expect to see you here."

"Well, I did want to see the performance." He shrugged and his lips held a shy smile.

"Oh, um," Riley nervously crossed her arms. "did you like it?"

"No." He shook his head and Riley frowned. "I loved it."

She sucked in her lips to hide her smile but he still noticed her blushing. He lightly chuckled to himself and they moved forward in the line.

"You were magnificent." He smiled, enjoying the effect he had on her. "I haven't seen anyone who danced as beautiful as you."

'Oh God, is he flirting?' Riley thought, feeling her heart beating faster and faster. This man was going to give her a heart attack.

"Thanks, Mr. Jackson." She shyly glanced at the ground before noticing his shirt. "Mikaela Jackson, huh?"

He looked down at his shirt with famous pop star captured in one of her iconic poses, and smiled. "Yeah, she's a hell of an artist."

Riley nodded in approval. "Yeah, she is. What's your favorite song?"

"I'm in love with Human Nature." He beamed, "What's yours?"

"Speechless, hands down." Riley said, noticing his smile widening just a tad more. She looked down at her shoes and tucked her bottom lip between her teeth.

Her heart suddenly felt like it was about to cease to beat when he placed his large hand on the small of her back and brought her forward. His simple touch sent a flurry of chills up and down her spine.

"What can I get for you?" A guy behind the counter cheerily asked.

"It's on me." He smiled at Riley.

"Mr. Jackson, I can't ask for you to pay for me." She said and he shook his head.

"You're not asking." He said. "But obviously you're not going to tell me what you want, so..." He turned the guy and ordered their food.

"Mr. Jackson-"

"Riley, I really don't mind. Beside, let's just say it's my treat for your stunning performance." He winked, receiving his change and the food.

She blushed profusely as she gratefully took the two hotdogs and sodas. "Thank you, Mr. Jackson."

"No problem, Bambi." He smiled before walking off.

She bit her lip to contain her growing smile from her nickname as she walked over to a grinning Jay who watched the whole exchange from afar.