Prologue

On their way home from a meal out, the Pennyworth family who consist of; George Pennyworth, his wife Lucinda Pennyworth and their daughter Meg Pennyworth were in a terrible car accident. The road was covered in ice, a lorry was on the wrong side of the road causing George to brake and slip off the road into a tree. The husband and wife were killed on impact and the daughter was badly injured.

The daughter could hear the faint sound of sirens and some one trying to talk to her.

"Hey kid, come on, you got to stay with me." It was the lorry driver, he was pulling her out of the crushed car that was dripping petrol and steam coming from the engine, afraid that the car would catch on fire, the lorry driver franticly dragged her from the wreckage.

She sat on the edge of an ambulance, a blanket wrapped around her and paramedics fussing over her.

"Please, I'm fine, I just want to know about my parents." The girl stated getting fed up of the fuss.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but, both your parent died on impact." The paramedics explained. "It's a wonder you're still alive actually." Another one said.

"Let's get her to the hospital." The head paramedic instructed, they lead her into the ambulance.

At the hospital the doctors did a full check up on her, but they couldn't find anything wrong with her apart from shock.

"In the report it says that she has a broken leg and a bleeding head injury." One of the doctors stated another doctor.

"Well she doesn't now." The other replied.

" I think we should keep her in overnight to make sure she's alright. Social services will be hear any minute." The doctor expressed walking into his office.

The social worker walked in and greeted the other doctor. "Hello my name's Dawn Hutchinson, I'm Meg's social worker."

"Oh, Meg's this way, follow me." The doctor expressed his concern for Meg. Dawn followed the doctor through to Meg. Meg was awake and looking blankly into space.

"Hello Meg, my name's Dawn Hutchinson, I'm a social worker." This snapped Meg out of her thoughts. "I'm very sorry for your loss, and I'm here to discus what's going to happen in the future."

"Hello Dawn, it's nice to meet you." She replied almost robotically.

Dawn asked Meg "Have you any ideas of what you would like to do? I have been informed that you have a granddad in America. I know this is very sudden but how would you feel about going to live with him? He's advised us that he's more than happy for you to go live with him. How do you feel about that?"

She looked back at Dawn blankly. "You don't have to make the decision right away."

"No, I would like to go live with granddad, when can I leave?" Meg asked eager to get out of the confines of the hospital.

"We just need to sort some legal stuff out, and in the meantime, you'll stay with some foster cares who will look after you until we get the paper work sorted out. I will take you to the foster cares and they will support you until we take you to the air port. Because you are only thirteen you will need an guardian on the plane."

"How long will that take exactly?" Meg asked.

"Hopefully no longer than a week, and your grandad has told us he's really looking forward to seeing you, we need to collect all your things from home."

"Thank you Dawn."  Dawn swiftly left the room after explaining more legal stuff to the shocked thirteen year old.

After she had left, Meg reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone and called someone.

"Hey ghost girl, how's it going?"

"Saf, something really bad has happened." Meg began to sob for the first time since the accident.

"Meg what's wrong?" Replied Saf softly.

"I was in a car crash, mum and dad are dead."

"Oh my god Meg, are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine, somehow. Are you still going to university in Gotham City?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Good we still get to see each other. I'm going to go live with my grandad in Gotham."

"Wait, who's your grandad?"

"Alfred Pennyworth, he's Bruce Wayne's butler, so I'm going to live under the same roof as Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson."

The tsunami of events has flooded her life and changed the course of destiny forever for this one girl. The uncertainty of the future lies thick on her shoulders ad the rest of the night is spent chatting to her best friend. Neither of them new that both their world were about to change, and their futures were rewriting themselves.