Chapter Five

When we finally arrived on campus, I was amazed by all the people walking around. It was far from anything I had experienced before. I mean, high school was cool in all, but college looked like it would be a change I was excited for. Although I loved Cody and being Set It Off’s roadie would be cool, I was glad I was going to be staying in school.

        “This is awesome.” I said to Rachael as we got out.

        She smiled, “I want to come here too.”

        “So apply.” I replied with a smile.

        “I could do that, but I doubt they are taking an applicant’s now.” She said, rather bummed.

        “Anything is possible.” I stated.

        We started to walk towards campus when I was confused as to where, we’d be going. I hadn’t been here before. I missed orientation so we’d need to figure everything out on my own. We started to walk a little further, when I could tell Rachael knew we were lost.

        “We’re lost, aren’t we?” she asked.

        I smiled, “Not lost, just not found either.”

        “That makes no sense.” She stated.

        “And this is why I’m here to further my education, shut up and help me find someone to ask.” I replied and she laughed, “I said shut up.”

        “I’ll be shutting up now.” She replied.

        I started to look around for anyone that could help us, but it seemed as though no one was around. I sighed and when I finally noticed someone who looked familiar, so I started to look a little harder. I did know them, they were my neighbors. I ran over to them and Blake smiled at me.

        “Hey Blake, I need some help.” I said to her and she smiled as she turned around, “I’m a little lost.”

        “A little?” Rachael added so I shot her a look, “I know, shut up.”

        Blake laughed, “What’s up?”

        “Book store?” I asked.

        “It’s over that way.” She pointed, “So where’s Cody?”

        I sighed, “Still touring, he’ll be home soon though.”

        “I’m sure Dave will be thrilled.” She said.

        “I’m sure; they can go grab a beer.” I said, “That is after I get some time with him first.”

        She smiled, “Of course.”

        “Who’s Dave?” Rachael asked.

        I laughed, “Oh sorry, Blake this is Rachael. Rachael this is Blake, my neighbor.”

        “Oh, well hello.” Rachael greeted. “It’s a nice to meet you.”

        “And to you as well.” Blake replied.

        “Dave is her roommate, he’s a great guy. Cody and him hit it off right away, literally became best friends the day we moved in.” I explained, “I swear; if Cody was gay that would be his boyfriend.”

        “Awkward.” Rachael stated, I laughed. “But it’s good to see you’ve both made friends right way.”

        “Well it was all Cody.” Blake added, “This one over here was too shy to even come greet us.”