Chapter 14

*Jay's P.O.V*

"I'm going to see Megs, call me if you need me!" I shouted as I pressed the button to call the lift up to our flat.

"Wait, I'm coming to, I juts need to find my hat!" Nath shouted, running around the flat, throwing the sofa cushions all over the place, to try and find his hat.

"Nath, you must have a hundred hats, you can't have lost all of them!" I sighed, watching him frantically turn the flat upside down to find his stupid hat.

"I have but this one is a special hat!" Nath shouted, getting angry because he couldn't find his 'special hat'.

"Just wear this one, now get out of the flat!" I laughed and pushed Nath into the lift. He frowned at me, obviously annoyed that I had made him leave his 'special hat' behind.

"What?! It's only a hat!" I said defensively as Nath glared at me.

"It's not just a hat, it makes Megs laugh because it has a sloth on it, I thought it would cheer her up." Nath said, crossing his arms.

"Okay, sorry, there's no need to turn into a moody teenager because you lost it!" I laughed, he's starting to sound like Megs used to when she couldn't find something before we went out and I made her leave without it, she was never too impressed and would glare at me for a while before forgetting all about it and her smile appearing on her face like it normally does. Megs can never keep at straight face, she's always smiling, I've never seen her as upset as she was yesterday and I'm going to make sure that I never see her upset like that again.

"I'm not moody, just annoyed." Nath replied.

"Right, whatever you say..." I said as we walked out of the lift and towards Megs' flat.

When we got to the flat there was a note on the door for me from Megs;

Hey Jay, I thought you'd come and see me today but me and Alfie have gone out to do something but I can't tell you what yet, it's a surprise! Don't worry it's a good surprise, you'll just have to wait a while to find out what it is but when you do you're gonna be soooo excited! Anyway we're gonna be gone for a few hours and probably won't be back till this afternoon, so have fun and don't get drunk Jay, it's not a pretty site, believe me, I've seen you drunk enough times to know it's not the nicest thing to see, but it is quite funny. And don't try and pester me and Alfie into telling you what the surprise is because we won't tell you and don't bother asking Ruth either because she knows that she's not allowed to tell you! So have a good day and see ya later bird. ;)

Megs xxxx :)

"Looks like you made all of that fuss about a stupid hat for nothing." I said, whilst handing Nath the note and walking back to the flat.

"My hats are not stupid." Nath replied whilst reading the note that Megs left for me.

"She knows you so well." Nath said once he had finished reading the note.

"Well yeah, she is my sister, so she's going to know me pretty well and I'm sure Tom told her loads of things about me." I replied.

"Yeah but it's surprising seeing as you've only know each other for five years." Nath said,

"I know, but we just click. We can figure out things about each other just by looking at our facial expressions, it's as if we've known each other forever." I replied.

"So you know all about before you met each other as well?" Nath asked.

"I know about little parts of Megs life, but she doesn't go into huge detail because she said she just had a normal childhood like everyone else and that explaining it would be boring, besides 15 years is a lot of memories to tell me about." I replied.