Chapter 8

*Alfie's P.O.V*

"Megs wake up." I said and shock her shoulder gently."Megs it's audition day today, you need to get up." I said a bit louder than last time.

"Five more minutes." Megs mumbled and snuggled her head into my chest.

"Megs it's 9:30, we need to be at the auditions in 30 minutes." I said.

"What!? We've only got half an hour, were gonna be late!"Megs shouted and jumped off the sofa and ran into her room. Megs then ran from her room and into the bathroom, carrying her clothes in one hand and her hairbrush in the other hand.

Okay well maybe we had an hour left not half an hour but then we'll actually have time to get ready and Megs won't be running around, panicking because we're going to be late.

"I'm going back to mine, I'll see you back here in a bit." I shouted.

"Okay bye Alfie, don't be late!" Megs shouted back.

When I got back to my flat Marcus was still asleep on the sofa, where we left him last night but he had rolled over and was now hanging off the sofa. He looked funny so I took a picture and tweeted it.

"@ItsAlfie @Marcusss well that's one way to sleep..." after a few minutes my phone buzzed and I had a reply to my tweet from Tom.

"@ItsAlfie @Marcusss hahaha he looks like Jay when he's had too much to drink! No offence ;)" Marcus hadn't had anything to drink as well, he's just sleeps in uncomfortable looking positions.

I quickly had a shower and got ready, then went round to Megs' flat and let myself in. When I opened the door she was sitting on the sofa with her arms crossed and her bag sitting by her feet.

"Your rushed me for nothing." she said bluntly.

"Well then you could be ready in time and not have to worry about being late!" I said, trying to defend myself.

"I wouldn't have worried about being late." Megs replied.

"We both know you would of, now are we going or not?" I asked.

"Yeah, let's go!" Megs said excitedly, picked up her bag and car keys and ran out of her flat, throwing the door keys at me so I could lock the door.

When I walked into the car park Megs was trying to shove her bag into the little boot of her baby blue Fiat 500. Megs keeps a lot of stuff in the boot of her car because when she goes back to see her dad and step-mum she forgets to take it out of the boot.

"You really need to empty the boot more often." I said as I helped Megs to shove her bag into any available space in the boot of her car.

"I know but I really can't be bothered most of the time." she replied. Megs then slammed the boot shut and got into the car, pressing the button so that the soft top roof went down, might as well make the most of the nice weather as we don't get much of it in the UK.

Whilst we were driving to the audition, we had Capital fm playing and were singing along to every song that came on. "I got that power!" Me and Megs sung as loud as we could, then I did some weird dance moves, trying to be like will.i.am but probably failing. A few minutes later we arrived at the auditions and Megs froze as she took the keys out of the ignition.

"I can't do this." she said and put her head in her hands.

"Yes you can! You'll be amazing and they will love you! The next thing you know you'll be getting a call saying that you've got the female lead!" I said, trying to encourage Megs to still do the audition, she would regret it for a long time if she back out now.