Chapter 3

*Ruth's P.O.V*

"What did you do that for?" I asked when the lift doors closed.

"So that my brother doesn't find out about what happened with me and Alfie!" Megs replied.

"Why wouldn't you want him to find out?" I asked innocently.

"Because that's not the kind of thing I want my brother and all of his friends to know about!" Megs replied.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because Jay is overprotective of me and will probably go and get Alfie or something !" Megs replied, that's true. Jay is quite overprotective of Megs.

"True, but you don't know what I was going to tell him." I said.

"Yes I do, the thing you've been trying to tell him since you saw his this morning!" Megs replied.

"What would that be?" I asked innocently.

"You know exactly what it is." She replied as she walked out of the apartment block.

"What that Alfie loves you?" I asked.

"No he doesn't Ruth, we're just friends." Megs replied simply, is she blind?

"Wow,are you stupid or something?" I asked.

"It's so obvious that he likes you, even Jay could see it and he's only met him once!" I added.

"Well you two are both seeing things that aren't real." Megs said as she walked along the corridor towards out flat. Her eyes then lit up when she saw Alfie pacing up and down outside our flat.

"Alfieeeeee." she shouted, ran over to him and gave him a hug, which took him by surprise.

"Hey Megs." Alfie smiled, and hugged her back.

"You okay?" Megs asked, obviously wondering why Alfie was pacing up and down in front of our flat.

"Yeah I just wondered if you got your audition letter yet." Alfie replied.

Really? Pacing up and down in front of the flat to ask about an audition letter?I don't think so.

"Oh I haven't looked, I 'll go and see!" Megs replied then walked to reception to check our post box.

"So why were you really pacing up and down outside our flat?" I asked, I can see through his act.

"I told you why." Alfie replied.

"I don't believe you." I said simply.

"Okay well I was going to see if Megs wanted to go to the beach with me on Saturday." Alfie admitted.

"Just you and Megs?" I asked, that would be pretty boring, just two people at the beach.

"Yeah, we don't really know many other people in our lecture class that well." Alfie replied.

"Don't you think that would be a bit awkward?" I asked.

"Hmm.. maybe would you like to come to?" Alfie replied.

"Sure, but three people would still be a bit boring." I said, I was only saying the truth!

"Yeah I suppose, what if Megs asked Jay and his band mates to come to? Megs would like that!" Alfie replied, proud of his idea.

"Yeah I think she would like that." I replied "Is that all you was going to ask Megs?" I asked.

"Yeah, what else would I ask?" Alfie asked, confused as to what else he would ask Megs.