Chapter 4

Owww. Why does my head hurt so much? It feels like someone is hitting my head constantly. What happened last night? I rolled over and opened my eyes, which wasn't a very good idea because it was very bright and I felt like I was going blind. After a few minutes my eyes adjusted to the bright light and I realised where I was.

I'm in my bed, in mine and Ruth's flat but I have absolutely no idea how I got here. Where's Ruth? Surely I came home with Ruth and not by myself? Okay I'm really confused now. I sat up and ran my fingers through my knotty hair and looked around the room to see if I could see Ruth anywhere. I couldn't see her. I then got out of bed and walked into the kitchen to see if Ruth was in there, but she wasn't. Now I'm confused. Then I walked out of the kitchen and went to sit on the sofa but there was someone laying on it, asleep. Why is there someone sleeping on the sofa?! It's not Ruth so who is it?

I quietly tiptoed back into the kitchen and grabbed the first thing that I could see, which happened to be a frying pan (well it worked well in Tangled so I don't see why it wouldn't work for me) and slowly walked back into the front room. The person on the sofa was laying with their face towards the cushions so I couldn't see what they looked like. I slowly edged towards the sofa then prodded the person with the handle of the frying pan.

"What the?!" they shouted, which made my head hurt even more, then sat bolt upright and looked at me with a mixture of shock and confusion present in their face. It was Alfie, oops.

"Oh sorry Alfie, I thought you were just some random person sleeping on the sofa." I apologised.

"You scared the life out of me Megs and who else would be sleeping on your sofa!?" Alfie asked as I went and sat next to him.

"I don't know, I don't feel well, it's making me confused and sleepy." I replied.

"I'm not surprised you don't feel well, you drunk way to much last night but it's okay I'll look after you." Alfie replied and gave me a hug, letting me lay on his chest.

"I don't remember drinking anything." I replied, I'm really confused now, I don't even remember what I did last night.

"Don't worry about it Megs, just go back to sleep, it'll make you feel better." Alfie replied and stroked my hair.

"Okay Alfie." I replied and snuggled into his chest, as he wrapped his arms around me.

*End of Megs' P.O.V*

*Alfie's P.O.V*

"Don't worry about it Megs, just go back to sleep, it'll make you feel better." I replied and stroked Meg's hair.

"Okay Alfie." Megs replied and snuggled into my chest, then I wrapped my arms round her to keep her warm and sang This by Ed Sheeran softly to her.

This is the start of something beautiful

This is the start of something new

You are the one who'd make me lose it all

You are the start of something new, ooh

And I'll throw it all away

And watch you fall into my arms again

And I'll throw it all away

Watch you fall, now

You are the earth that I will stand upon

You are the words that I will sing

And I've thrown it all away

And watched you fall into his arms again

And I've thrown it all away