Chapter 1

"RUTH" I shouted "HURRY UP WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" she's always slow in the morning and gets to Uni on time by the skin of her teeth.

"ALRIGHT, I'M COMING!" she shouted back and ran down the hallway of the flat, then all of a sudden I heard a thud.

I walked from the kitchen, into the hallway and saw Ruth laying on the floor, she's like Jay, her and laminate flooring don't go very well. Every day she will run down the hallway and fall over, in the same place.

"You alright Ruth?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, I'm getting used to the pain now." she replied.

"Your like Jay." I said.

"I know, you say that every time I fall over in the hallway, which is most days. How is Jay?" she replied.

"He's good and every time I see him or speak to him he asks about you, just like you always ask about him." I said, it's true every time I speak to Jay he will ask about Ruth and every time I mention Jay to Ruth she will ask about Jay. They're even worse when they are with each other! They will mess about and flirt so much it's unreal, one of them just needs to ask the other one out already.

"Well I'm his friend and want to know if he's okay, that's all." Ruth said defensively.

"Oh come on everyone else can see that you like each other Ruth apart from you two!" I said, seriously they clearly like each other but neither of them will admit it.

"Yeah we like each other as friends, nothing more." Ruth said.

"It is clearly more than just friends Ruth!" I replied.

"No we don't, now we need to leave the flat now or we will be late." Ruth said, then opened the door and walked out. I then walked out behind her and locked the door.

We arrived at Uni just on time and went to our lectures. Me and Ruth are at the same Uni but we're studying different things. I am studying dance and theater, I get my love of dance from Jay, and Ruth is studying script writing.

I quickly went and sat next to my friend Alfie and was ready just before the lecturer came in. She went on for ages about the theory side of dance and drama but then she got to the bit that interested me the most.

"So you know I told you about the auditions for We Will Rock You last week, I have received an email to say that the letters should arrive today, I just need you to tell me your name and flat numbers so I can check that their list is right. So if you can tell me your names and flat numbers going from left to right." the lecturer said.

"Megan McGuiness, flat 28" I said when it came to my turn. Once mum had decided that she wanted nothing to do with me dad got my last name changed so I was 'officially a McGuiness' as dad said.

"Alfie Reid, flat 27" Alfie said after me, and yes me and Alfie live next door to each other, so we see each other quite often. Most of the people in the lecture wanted an audition, so we would have some tough competition.

"Okay you can go now, don't forget to do your essay on modern theatrical dance for next Tuesday." The lecturer said then we all go up and left.

"So what you going to do for your audition?" Alfie asked, as we walked back to our flats.

"Erm... I don't know yet, what are you going to do?" I asked.

"I have no idea, but I know it will have to be amazing to stand a chance of getting into the show." Alfie replied.

"Alfie your auditions are always amazing, your have no difficulty getting into the show." I said. It's true Alfie is an amazing dancer and actor.

"They're no where near as amazing as yours are! Your audition for Mama Mia was incredible!" Alfie exclaimed.