Chapter 13

* Jay's P.O.V *

"Explain everything, now." I said as Megs adjusted to the light and figured out where she was.

"Explain what?" Megs asked.

"What do you think?! Explain who that Jacob person is and why you and Alfie hate him!" I practically shouted, running my fingers through my hair. Ruth hugged my side to try and calm me down, I can't help that I'm angry, my little sister just had an argument and got hit by some guy and I have no idea why!

"Don't you remember Jacob? You met him at my sixteenth birthday party." Megs replied.

"That was him?" I asked, he looked a lot different and seemed worse than last time.

"Yeah, he moved to London too after year 13 to go to University and I bumped into him one day, we got talking and it seemed like he had changed! He was really nice, we joked around and got on really well together." Megs said, remembering when she first moved to London.

"Why didn't I see him then? I was in London when you first started Uni and you never mentioned him!" I replied.

"I thought you'd get angry and try and make me not see him or talk to him, so I didn't tell you." Megs said quietly.

"Yeah I probably would of, but he hurt you once, why would you take that chance again?!" I shouted.

"Because everyone deserves a second chance." Megs replied. I saw Nath smile out of the corner of my eye, he probably now thinks that Megs might give him a second chance, yeah I doubt that.

"Okay, so why do you and Alfie dislike him so much now?" I asked.

"Long story." Megs replied, not wanting to explain what happened.

"Well we've got all night, so spill." I replied.

Megs sat there for a few minutes bending her fingers back, she does that when she's thinking. " Okay well after about a year of being at Uni me and Jacob had become quite close again, we were really good friends and we loved having each other as company." Megs started.

"Why do you and Alfie hate him if he's your friend?" Tom asked.

"Wait Tom, I haven't even got near to why we hate him yet." Megs replied.

"Oh, okay." Tom said.

"Then one night we were both a little bit drunk" Megs continued, Alfie raised his eyebrows at Megs. "Okay we were very drunk, we were at a party at Alfie and Marcus' flat and I can't really remember what happened but I woke up the next day in Jacobs flat in his arms and apparently the night before I agreed to being his girlfriend, well that's what Jacob said anyway." Megs continued.

"This story is sounding like a reason for Alfie to hate Jacob, not you." Max said.

"That's because the story isn't finished yet Max and me and Alfie weren't that close then so I don't think he was to bothered to be honest." Megs replied. Alfie then looked down at his lap, blushing slightly, looks like Alfie has has a crush on Megs for a while then and just hasn't admitted it to Megs yet.

"So we had been going out for a few months and everything was going really well and I was really enjoying being with him and was even considering moving out of my on campus apartment and into Jacob's flat which isn't far from here. I was at his flat all of the days that I didn't have Uni and every weekend and we were closer than ever before. Then suddenly he started acting strange. He would suddenly get really angry an would shout at me and throw things, sometimes at me, or the wall that I was standing near and he began to scare me. So after he started getting a bit violent I didn't go over to his flat as often as I used to and was at my flat more, with Ruth when she wasn't out getting drunk out of her mind with some of her other friends and when Ruth was out I'd go and see Marcus and Alfie sometimes or Alfie would come and see me, which is when we came quite close friends. I started spending more time with Alfie than I was with Jacob and he started to get very annoyed and possessive of me. Once he saw me and Alfie walking out of a lecture together and pinned Alfie up against the wall, threatening him to stay away from me, which I told him was out of order because Alfie is my friend and shouldn't have to stay away from me just because he said so. Jacob then made sure he kept an eye on me at all times, so he could see if I was talking to Alfie and would follow me everywhere. He would make me go back to his flat after lectures and days when I didn't have lectures so he could keep me all to himself. I hardly went home to mine and Ruth's flat and one day I got back to Jacobs flat and found that he had moved all of my stuff from mine and Ruth's flat into his. I asked him why and he said it was because he didn't trust me living on campus near other boys and thought that I would cheat on him if I stayed there any longer. I told him that I didn't want to live in his flat and got my bag and tried to pack my stuff so I could take it back to the flat, but Jacob stopped me. He grabbed my wrists and pulled me back, slamming me against the wall, so hard that the shelf on the wall shook and all of the books fell off of it. He told me that I wasn't allowed to leave and that if I did there would be trouble. So I didn't leave, I stayed at his flat, scared to even go near to mine and Ruth's flat. I text Ruth to tell her that I had moved into Jacob's flat and she asked why I had moved so soon and I told her it was because Jacob had moved all of my stuff for me without me knowing so there was no point in me having to lug it all back to the the flat, not telling her how scared I was to leave. I didn't speak to Alfie as much and tried to avoid him but he noticed and kept trying to get me to tell him what was wrong. Jacob was getting even more violent and if I didn't do what he told me to do, he would hurt me. I walked into a lecture one day and Alfie came to sit next to me, no matter how much I protested and he noticed that I had a bruise on my face and on my arms. When he pointed them out I pulled the sleeves down on my coat and tried to make my hair cover my face but it didn't work. Alfie kept pestering me to try and find out how I had got the bruises but I wouldn't tell him, I didn't want Jacob to find out that I had been talking to Alfie and that he knew what happened because he might hurt Alfie as well as me. At the end of the lecture Jacob was waiting at the door and I told Alfie to leave me alone and that I didn't want to speak to him so he did." Megs said.