Prologue: Past Life

Everything was eerily quiet. Only the rustle of the leaves on the trees could be heard and the trickle of the water in the fountain. There were dark heavy clouds gathering above but you can still say that it's nearly night time.

       Someone was sitting by the fountain, playing with the water and making ripples in it. She was also humming a lullaby as she played with the water.

       The cool  wind blew through her long blonde hair and it became a pleasant sight to anyone who could see her. With her long hair whipping in the wind and the sparkle of her skin and her green eyes-- she was dazzling. Her lips formed a smile and it made her more beautiful.

       “How long do you tend to stay here, my dear?”

       The girl smiled again as she heard his voice. For her, it was the most beautiful sound her ears could ever hear. It was the voice of the person who she cherishes the most and the one that she shares her life with-- the voice of her true love.

       “As long as I want to, Mikhail…” she answered. “Come and sit beside me.”

       Mikhail approached the fountain and sat beside his love. Mikhaila caressed his face and stared at the same green eyes like hers and ruffled the same blonde hair like hers. Mikhail smiled at her touch and he also smiled her smile.

       “It really surprises me, Mikhaila how you could still manage to smile at a time like this…”

       Mikhaila nodded. “Yes. I can still smile in spite of the war raging through the land and the gates of our kingdom, but as long as you’re here beside me, I can still be able to be happy…”

       “Mikhaila…” he said. “I promised you that I’ll always be beside you no matter what. Whatever happens, we’ll always be together..”

       “You’re right. No matter how far, we’ll always be.”

       “Our love will always be in our hearts and the same blood that flows in our veins will connect us to each other.” Mikhail said, standing up and offering his hand to her.

       “Mother wants to see us?” she asked.

       “Yes, she wants to see us.”

       Mikhaila took Mikhail’s hand and together they walked towards their mother’s chamber.

       “When do you think this war will stop?” Mikhaila asked as they walked along the corridor.

        “I am not sure. Our father is doing everything he can to lessen the bloodshed but King Gelatte is determined to destroy our kingdom.”

       “That man is so horrible and cruel. A lot of innocent people are suffering because of his greed. Why can’t he be satisfied with his own kingdom?”

       “Mikhaila, some people live like that. They wouldn’t be satisfied until they have the whole world.”

       As the two were talking, dark clouds rumbled ahead. They continued walking along the corridor. The atmosphere in the Brethen Kingdom became dark as the sky also grew more darker. Fear quickly spread in every corner of the castle. A cold chill ran over Mikhail and Mikhaila.

       “Mikhaila grasped Mikhail’s arm. “What’s happening?”

It was no longer quiet. They could hear distant screams and pleas of help and more shouting.