Chapter 6 - The Loss

Eren p.o.v

Rain began falling from the sky and I clearly saw the blade glint in the grey weather. I closed my eyes waiting for the knife to pierce my skin and end my life. Levi suddenly popped into my mind and I regretted not having spent more time with him even though I had seen him every day for approximately the last three months.

Images of Levi's sleeping face came to surface and I was sad to part with him. We had just become mates and he will already lose me... I'm sorry, Levi.

M = "EREN!!!!"

I could hear someone call my name. 'Who is it?' I didn't have the strength to open my eyes anymore. I hoped that it wasn't Levi, because I didn't want him to see me like this and die before his eyes.
I suddenly heard screams which I sat to be the hunters. 'Who is it? Who is helping me? Run away, it's already too late'.

I felt a muzzle touch my face and used the last of my strength to open my eyes to see Mikasa standing over me shielding me from the rain.

E = "Mi..kasa"

Mikasa looked down with tears in her eyes. I could see that she was shaking and didn't know what to do.

M = "Eren! Hurry, he is still conscious!"

E = "...Don...'t... cr..y..."

As I finished my sentence, I fainted and was swallowed by the darkness.

Mikasa p.o.v

Eren had not been seen since last night and I was getting worried. 'Where could he have gone? I better go look for him'. I spotted Armin walking up ahead and ran to him.

M = "Armin! Have you seen Eren?"

A = "Good morning Mikasa. I haven't seen him today. Why are you looking for him? He should be back anytime."

I understood what Armin was telling me, but I couldn't shake this uneasy feeling. I said goodbye to Armin and decided to talk to Pixis. He could have talked with Eren and know where he is. When I was near Pixis office, Nile came out and gave me an expressionless face - like always. He didn't stop, but kept walking - not that I cared anyway.

M = "Pixis. Have you seen Eren?"

I walked into his office and saw him behind his desk in human form trying to diminish his workload.

P = "No. What's wrong?"

M = "He hasn't come back since last night. I'm worried."

I knew something was up, when Pixis' expression changed. He had a very worried face and quickly stood up, walking out of the door. I stood dumb folded and didn't know what was going on. I snapped out of it and ran out of the door after Pixis. I found him by the opening of his house giving out orders to search for Eren. 'What is happening?"

M = "Pixis, what's wrong?"

P = "There is no time to explain. You have to look after Eren and quickly or we wouldn't know what could happen."

Without giving Pixis an answer, I stormed out of the door. The uneasy feeling from earlier had only gotten worse. I started running the same way as we go on patrol. Three other wolves ran with me; it was Nile, Armin and Historia, who was our packs doctor. Pixis probably thought it was a good idea just in case. We ran for a while when I sensed someone's presence... Hunters... Eren!

I began running faster and the others caught on. We arrived at the river dividing the two territories. My eyes followed the water and I spotted three or four black shadows and something big lying on the ground. 'Eren!'. I ran as fast as I could towards the shadows. The weather became grey and rain began falling. 'Please let me make it. Please. Please!'

M = "EREN!!!"

I growled and jumped onto the first person. Soon after that I discovered that there were six hunters. Luckily, I wasn't alone. Armin and Nile took another two hunters down while Historia waited in the background growling. I ran over to Eren and stood above him. He was lying on the ground covered in blood from a stab wound in the back. I began crying. 'Why is this happening?! Do I have to lose all the people I hold dear?!'

E = "Mi...kasa"

I looked down and saw Eren still was conscious. There were still three hunters standing and the others were about to get up. 'What should we do?...!' When the thought passed my mind, I heard howling from the woods. Pixis came out with the rest of the males in our pack. The hunters ran away and I could finally turn to Eren looking at him while my tears fell, realizing he was still conscious.

M = "Eren! Hurry, he is still conscious!"

E = "...Don...'t... cr..y..."

I could only hear a whisper from Eren, when Historia pushed me away in her human form. Pixis came running, but didn't get too close. I could see that he couldn't take seeing Eren lying there not moving. After some time with dead silence, Historia breathed out and stood up. I looked at Eren seeing he was still unconscious, I felt an emptiness spread form inside me.

'He can't be dead! He can't be!!!'

'EREN!!!!'