Goodbyes

"Well that sucked," Danny said, holding an ice pack over his head. 

"You said it man. Possession is the worst," Dipper agreed.

It had been two days since Bill had been defeated and he was still aching all over. Danny, Jazz, Wendy, Dipper and Mabel had finally found time to meet up at the tiny Gravity Falls Diner. A tray of greasy fries sat between them.

Danny tried to sigh, but winced in pain as his bruised ribs strained. Jazz slid another pain killer across to him. He nodded his thanks and gulped it down.

"I'm just impressed at how quickly you guys shut down that rift," Danny complimented. "You'll have to get me one of those quantum stabilizer thingies to take home."

Dipper shrugged modestly. 

"Good thing mom and dad were stuck under that furniture," Jazz grinned. "It could have really put a damper on our vacation if they saw you transform."

Danny just looked at her in disbelief. 

"A damper on our vacation? I get possessed, a ghost portal rips through the fabric of reality, hundreds of ghosts are set loose, and you worry about mom and dad?" 

They all laughed. 

.............................................................................

The next day it was time to go home. The Pines showed up at Wendy's house to say goodbye. Danny and Dipper rolled their eyes as they watched Ford and Jack exchange contact  information so they cold talk more about ghosts. 

Mabel gave Danny a going-away hug that lasted far longer than it should have. Dipper finally had to tap her shoulder to get her to let go. Wendy gave him a punch on the shoulder and a wink. 

Danny fist bumped Dipper and said quietly, 

"Hey man. Sorry I was such a jerk earlier. I don't like people knowing my secret, but I'm glad it was you guys that found out."

Dipper grinned.

"If you ever need any help with the ghostly goings on... well actually DO hesitate to call. I kind of hate the ghosts that live here," Danny joked. 

He waved and got into the R.V. with the rest of his family. As they drove away, Danny watched the sleepy little town fade into the distance behind him. Exhausted, and still a little injured, DAnny closed his eyes. But a small smile touched his lips as he thought,

It's not such a bad place really. Gravity Falls.

Then he fell into peaceful and undisturbed dreams.