R.V.s and Research

"You know, somehow when I envisioned spending time with our cousins, I figured we might be sleeping in a house," Danny grumbled. He and Jazz were sleeping in the R.V. due to the fact that Uncle Dan hadn't remembered the fact that once they got there, they'd need a place to sleep. 

"Come on Danny this'll be fun! Just a sibling sleepover," Jazz beamed. She rolled over in her sleeping bag to face him. 

"So I forgot to ask you. Did you find anything on your flyby?"

Danny hesitated. Jazz was sweet and protective, but he didn't want to think about her reaction to hearing that he'd be having a run in with a dream ghost when he fell asleep. 

"Uh, no. Didn't see anything," he said. Well, that was true. He hadn't seen anything. 

"Huh. We'll figure it out tomorrow," Jazz yawned, burrowing deeper into the sleeping bag. Danny nodded halfheartedly and flicked the lights off. 

Might as well just get this over with, he thought, closing his eyes.

........................................................................

"A human. And a ghost!" Ford mused, pacing restlessly. By instinct, he flipped open a journal and browsed to the ghost pages. These beings had always been the most reclusive and mysterious. Difficult to capture, even harder to study. 

Dipper sat reading journal 3 next to him. His eyes were drooping as the hours ticked by though. They had triple checked everything to do with ghosts in all the journals with no new answers. 

Dipper's head slipped off his hand and he jerked awake. 

"Wha-? I'll have some pancakes please," he burst out. Chuckling, Ford ruffled his hair. 

"It's getting late Dipper and we're not getting any farther tonight. You head on up to bed now."

Looking bashful, Dipper nodded. He handed his journal back to Ford and went back upstairs, yawning and stretching. 

Turning back to the monitor screen, Ford replayed the gift shop recording for what felt like the hundredth time. The skinny teenager wandered the aisles. He looked tense, but was clearly experienced with hiding it. 

"What are you?" Ford whispered.