Over your head

"Hiya Spook!"

The chipper voice was the first thing that greeted Danny when he closed his eyes that night. 

They were floating in a dream ghost zone once again. Danny was relieved to find that he could speak in the dream, as he replied,

"I'm not in the mood tonight Bill. Some cloud monster stole my voice and ran off with it today. We looked all day but couldn't find it!"

Bill swooped closer, his eye crinkling in a weird sort of smirk. 

"Sorta makes you wish you had a power to track the supernatural, doesn't it? Maybe create portals by yourself?"

Danny narrowed his eyes suspiciously. 

"You can't do that," he said.

"I can't, but WE can," Bill replied.

Bill opened a nearby door. Inside Danny saw his clone flying through town, laughing as it pelted people and buildings with ghost rays. 

"That shifter will figure out your powers soon. And I don't think you'll want to be anywhere around when that happens." Bill said the serious words in an almost laughing way. 

Danny hesitated. He remembered what Bill had said yesterday. He could teach Danny new powers, new ways to do good. 

But Bill had also been upgrading and aiding his enemies for who knew how long. He couldn't be trusted. 

"Nice try triangle," Danny replied. "No hints tonight."

Bill shrugged easily. 

"Suit yourself Spook. But remember, I'm always just a nap away! Keep that in mind when you're in over your head. Well, more than you already are."