Spook

"You saw WHAT?!"Ford exclaimed, dropping a blot of ink onto his jacket. 

"I know!" Dipper said excitedly. "I was just going around to ask him about ghost hunting, and this ring of light went over him and his hair turned all white and his clothes changed and he flew off and turned invisible and-"

Ford put a hand on his shoulder to cut him off. 

"Take a deep breath Dipper. Now tell me again, slowly."

..................................................................................................................

"Nothing nothing nothing!" Danny growled. He perched on top of the town's lone water tower, looking over the tiny buildings. Thirty total ghost alerts, and not even a whisper of them. 

"If there's any invisible ghosts around here, it'd really be swell if you'd let me know where you are," he said dryly to the empty air. 

"All you had to do was ask!" 

Electrified with shock, Danny accidentally went intangible. He fell a good ten feet before catching himself and hovering. 

"Who said that? Show yourself!" 

"Look spook, things are complicated right now. You can't see me while you're awake, but I'll catch you tonight. We'll have some fun then!"

A mechanical laugh faded into the distance.

Danny looked wildly around. Some kind of dream ghost? One of Nocturn's goons maybe? This could not be good news. 

"Well... at least I know it's not a glitch now," he said quietly as another wisp of steam rose from his lips. 

"But with my luck, it's probably a lot worse."