Epilogue - Into the future

When Williamson heard the court's decision he lost it. Even though nobody could hear him other than the guards in the room he cut loose with every invective he could think of. At this point he didn't care anymore about what happened to him since he knew that he was officially fucked. He tried to toss the table across the room at the viewing screen but it was secured down. Before he could try tossing the chair the two guards wrestled him to the ground and cuffed him.

He even had the balls to try fighting them since what more could they do to him? His life was destroyed. If it had just been jail that would be one thing since he could have still have worked for the company. With the personality mod by law he was no longer eligible to have anything to do with the company. The company which had been in the family for several generations and he was locked out of it. A trust fund could be set up but that was it.

As he was being taken towards medical Williamson kept struggling. He was going to be kicking and screaming all the way. Williamson knew he was in the right and no matter what they said he was not going to make it easy on them. The entire time he was screaming at everyone and anyone who came near. Eventually a doctor was called in and he was sedated. Eventually he would be transferred dirt side for the actual punishment.

~~~

Lt. Cmdr. Fuko already had the paperwork ready for the appeal. It was standard and expected that such a sentence would be appealed. Even if she didn't file the paperwork Cmdr. Achenbach would. If he didn't then the Admiral would forward it to the central JAG office for further review. Once the paperwork was submitted she would no longer be responsible for him. He was scheduled to be moved dirt side the next morning and would be assigned a new lawyer since she was stationed here. Tonight she was going to have a large shot of saki to wash the foul taste of dealing with him out of her mouth.

She had done her best for the prisoner but he had to be one of the most distasteful individuals she had ever worked for. That was saying quite a bit since she had represented some pretty disreputable people. As Fuko was thinking about it she finally decided that in Williamson's case he was so positive of his certitude that nobody else's mattered. Fuko finally did a final review of the documents and forwarded them to Cmdr. Achenbach. Now she could turn to the next case she had to deal with.

~~~

Between Jackie and Adelbert they had managed to leverage the company from the remaining family. They had barely managed that since Herman had died several weeks later due to organ failure. They had managed to fix his heart for the short term. It hadn't helped his liver and there had been indications of additional brain damage. His kidneys started to shut down and she had finally signed the orders to pull the plug. Even as spiteful as she was feeling there was no reason to keep him alive any further.

When her father had come to talk to her about her 'family' responsibilities Jackie had laughed in his face. The contact the idiot had signed had been between him and Herman. If Herman's son had been able to take over the contract would have still been in force. With her husband dead and Herman in jail the contract had expired when her husband had. Jackie had informed him of this and that if he ever came onto the property again she would have him arrested for trespassing. Watching his expression had been one of the most priceless memories of hers. Just for good measure she had it recorded as well.

Once she had taken over the company she had created a trust fund for Herman. Jackie had created the trust fund for several reasons. The primary was because deep down Herman would know that he was living on her largesse for the rest of his life. The next reason was to look good for the others in the circles she traveled in. For now she had to do major damage control to keep the company running and playing it up was needed. As much as she despised the Williamson's family it didn't extend to the workers for the company. They for the most part weren't directly involved unless you were in the senior most positions.