Chapter 6 - Not the skirt or apron!!!

A/N: The song I have added is sort of the way I think of Mila and Holcum though there wasn't any hunting. I love the lyrics and tune and it just seems to fit them so well. I hope everyone enjoys it.

Once the Admiral had finished his report he forwarded it to his attaché for review and processing. At this point it was out of his hands for the time being. Since Williamson had chosen Courts Martial it was going to be a General Court-Martial. This was going to be a major pain in his ass since that required a military Judge, trial counsel, defense counsel, and five officers of which he would be the head of. Since the military did still have the sentence of both personality modification and the death penalty it had to be a General Court-Martial.

If either of those two options hadn't been on the table it would have been a Special Court-Martial. That had fewer requirements though he would still have been the head of the empanelled officers. What made this more interesting was Williamson could demand that part of the panel be some of his peers. The Admiral really didn't want that to happen since asking kids right out of school to help decide on such a harsh punishment was wrong. He really hoped the idiot wouldn't chose that option. It was possible and he had to be prepared for it.

Now he was going to have to talk to the Judge Advocate General to review what he was going to need to do. The most frustrating part was selecting the panel of officers. He had to do his best to be impartial with the selection. Since many of the senior officers had previously been in their home countries military it was going to be interesting. He sent a message to his attaché to generate a list of all the officers currently aboard the Academy station. Zack had made sure to indicate he wanted their original military branches and affiliations noted. If possible he was going to select one officer from the largest former military's.

Once that was done he went back to the work he had planned. One thing he wasn't looking forward to was the call currently scheduled to speak with the father of Williamson. Ever since this had happened the man had been calling daily demanding to talk to him. He had finally told his attaché to schedule a five minute slot to deal with the man. Zack had a feeling any more than five minutes and he would want to throttle the individual. Hell the attorney they had hired had already filed enough paperwork to choke a horse.

~~~

When the senior JAG officer aboard received the report he called it up. The Admiral had already touched base with him about it since this was going to be a touchy subject. He had already selected a counsel for the two Were-cats and he was going to be talking to them next week. Now that he had the report he started reviewing all the documentation. Fredrik wasn't quite as angry as the Admiral was since he had dealt with so many strange cases during his career. He was irritated by what had been said and by what Williamson had decided upon hearing his punishment though.

He really hoped that the attorney for the boy would try and talk some sense into Williamson but wasn't going to hold his breath. The individual in question was a very well known attorney who liked to grand stand and take on cases like this. He was very well known and had come close to being disbarred a number of times as he tried to keep his clients free. It didn't matter what the client had done as long as it was a headline case he would take the case on, well that and if the money was right. He had a fairly decent record of getting people off as well.

The first thing the JAG officer did was to review the footage at the heart of the whole case and started making notes. He very carefully went through each detail of all the reports and footage of the interviews in the Admiral's office. To him it was an open and shut case based on what he was seeing and reading. That didn't really matter since it was going to be up to the empanelled officers and the judge. When you added people from differing backgrounds to the mix Buddha only knew what would happen. That was especially true of some of the more backward countries.