Chapter 11 - Article 32 Proceedings

Monday Jacqueline called Adelbert again. Now that the doctors had officially given their diagnosis and probable outcome it was time to get started. She had decided for the moment to take over the company, get a few things she wanted taken care of. This was the perfect chance to get some of her own back. Herman had done his best to restrict her access to money, seeing friends, anything which would irritate her. It was also his way of trying to find out who her lover was.

She placed the call to his secretary. "Good morning this is Mrs. Williamson. I need to speak to Mr. Eichenberg please. It is in reference to Herman Williamson the second and the company. It is urgent and please let him know that." Jacqueline definitely sounded unhappy as she was talking. Once she had been put on hold it only took a few moments before Adelbert came on.

"Good morning Jackie and would you like to schedule a meeting? I do have some paperwork and documents we need to review. The ones I need to discuss with you were from before I had terminated the connection. The incomplete documents obviously I can't discuss since they were never finished." He was sitting at his desk and had to appreciate her actually being behind Herman's desk. That was about the only secure connection in the house. He was quite sure most other phones were tapped.

Jackie gave him a slight smile. "I would like to hire you for a short time till we can get what is needed organized. I am going to be here till lunch and then go back to the hospital. Might you have time before then?" Even with the door to the office shut she was keeping her act up. Her end might be secure but his she didn't know. Her general assumption was that it was but for the moment she wasn't taking any chances.

He glanced off to the side and then back. "Well if you don't mind a working lunch I can be there about 11:30 this morning. I will bring all the files I need for the meeting." Adelbert's expression softened slightly. "I am sorry to hear about Herman Jackie. I will do my best to help you through this difficult time."

She gave a delicate sigh and a sad sniff. "Thank you Adelbert. It is a sad time for all of us. That time will be fine. If you will please excuse me I need to call Herman's son and update him. It is going to be hard to talk to him long distance but I have a call scheduled in just a short time." Both knew her actual feelings but they were both sticking to the script.

Adelbert gave her a slight nod. "I completely understand and I hope the news doesn't distress him too much. He is surely under enough stress at the moment." He disconnected and updated his schedule. Till this was over he was going to have to resist the urge to relax with Jackie. Adelbert contacted his assistant. "I need you to pull out all the files I have on work I have done for Herman Williamson. I have a meeting with his wife for a working lunch."

Once he disconnected she contemplated moving to a different room but decided not to. For the time being this was going to be her office until who was in charge of the company was settled. Even then unless Herman had some stipulation in his will removing her from the house this was her home also. Jacqueline was going to act like she had every right to be here. It would also make a point with Herman's son though she was going to play that down. She needed to be very careful with all her interactions which could be recorded.

It was only a short time later when she received the call alert she waited a moment before answering it. She wanted her best acting skills available. When she answered she looked sad and tired. Her hair was down in a simple ponytail, her eyes were slightly reddened, and there were slight bags under her eyes. "Good morning Herman. Good morning Mr. Sarnow. Did you get the documents from the doctors? I authorized them to contact you directly so you are assured to have the most up to date information possible."