Hiding in the Shadows

*Skye's POV*

I walked around outside the bar, trying to calm myself down. I knew that at any moment, my celebrity lover would walk through those double doors for his break. I'd waited two months for this, upon finding out Marilyn would be playing here. I'd been to his concerts, met him with a V.I.P backstage pass. That V.I.P pass assured me one thing: I had feelings for him. As soon as I saw him, I froze. My heart pounded. To me, he was flawless. He was my definition of perfect.

I dressed to express myself tonight. My black hair was let down, flowing graciously to my lower back. I wore my black torn skinny jeans, with my Demonia platform boots. I wore my Manson shirt, and over that, my Tripp NYC trench coat. I avoided makeup, except for filling in my eyebrows to match my hair and the my mascara. I left in my labret piercing, and wore my black 1/2" silicone tunnels in my ears.

The creak of metal doors sounded behind me. Upon hearing them, I glanced over my shoulder to see Marilyn Manson coming through them. My cheeks flushed red, and my hands shook. "This is it, Skye. You can do this," I whispered to myself. I walked over to him. He was staring at the ground, hands in the pockets of his leather coat.

"Marilyn," I said quietly. His eyes shot over to me. He looked up at me in shock. "I'm sorry to bother you, I just-

"Skye?!" Marilyn stared at me, a shocked but confused look on his face. "Oh my god," he breathed out.

"W-what? You, you remember m-me?" I blurted out, staring into his eyes.

"Of course I do, you're the girl that gave me this.." Marilyn pulled on a chain around his neck, revealing the dragon dangling off of it. I couldn't believe it. He'd been wearing the necklace I gave him a year ago when I met him personally backstage.

"Y-you actually wear it.." Tears filled my eyes, happy ones of course.

"I always do, Skye. I have lines of girls waiting to hop on my dick, and that's usually how those damned meet and greets go, most of them are insane. But you were so sweet and charming, you handed this to me and said it meant the world to you but so did I and that's why you wanted me to have it. I never had a fan say something, or do something like that for me ever. I never forgot you. I looked for you everywhere that night after your time with me was up, but I couldn't find you. I don't know why. You just made me feel something that a crazy fucker like me never felt before. I felt like I found something in you I'd wanted. That I'd been waiting for." Marilyn looked at me, and I was in shock. I had no words. I wanted to spill my heart all over him, but I couldn't. My mouth wouldn't move. Instead, my body did. I threw my arms around him.

Tears escaped my eyes. I never thought just coming back to visit someone who barely knew me could feel this way. I listened to his heartbeat as he held me close to him. I knew what I had to say. I pulled out of the hug, and wrapped my hands around his arms.

"Marilyn, I- I don't know what to say. It's like... Why me, you know? Someone like you, with someone like me, I-"

"Skye, I know. I'm 'famous.' But that doesn't mean that I am not human. I have feelings too. I am just like you, but more people know me. That is all. Listen, I'm leaving tomorrow for Boston. If you would like, after I finish this last song, I'll take you wherever you need to go to get your stuff. You can tag along on tour for a couple weeks. No, I'm not trying to push anything. I want to spend time with you. I want to get to know you. And I want you to know me. I want to try this with you Skye. Will you?"

I couldn't believe it. "I will," I said happily, a smile plastered on my pale face. Marilyn smiled, making me giggle like a little schoolgirl.

"I love your smile," I whispered, hugging him tightly. He chuckled, and hugged me back. And that, is where it all began.