Chapter 24 Lineage

*The burning got to a point on our journey that I was having tears steam down my face,however my hood hid my pain from Drakes view.*

"Hey Ivy ya ok? You have been quiet for awhile now."

*If I spoke pain would be evident in my voice and my vision was starting to blur I rubbed my face with my hand quiet harshly trying to relive the pain,to no avail.*

"Ivy?"

*I gave a nod. In my next step,however I fell to the mucky floor of the marsh Drake moved up to me swiftly his voice was distant and the fiery pain dulled as I slipped into uncoisiousness. In and out in and out of consciousness I slipped I saw trees pass by,the ground was getting harder then I heard the crackle and pop of a flame. I opened my eyes a little and felt something cold get placed on my head I tried to focus on what was going,but found it difficult to do so.*

"Relax Ivy,I found a cave and we are safe."

*It took all I had to keep my breathing steady and not labored as well as remain conscious.*

"H..how lo...ng ha...ve I b..been out?"

"About three days now."

"Three? *cough* *cough*"

"Hey,don't strain yourself."

*My breathing was now more labored and Drake took off what I assumed was a cloth off rung it out then laid it on my burning skin.*

"I have a few questions once you get better,but if you can do you know why you suddenly collapsed?"

*I nodded yes.*

"Ok,is it poison?"

*I shook my head no.*

"Ok,can you die from whatever this is?"

*I didn't want to worry Drake so I shook my head no,truth was I could,but I didn't need Drake worrying.*

"Ok,try and drink some water and eat a little food I made."

*Drake helped me sit up and supported me as I took the water as he helped me drink it by holding the cup and supporting my body. I managed to get a few bites of soft mush down before I was too exosted to eat anymore. Drake laid me down and I fell asleep again. This continued for several days until my fever broke and I was now more alert and able to do small things without help.*

"So Ivy,when did you get a dragon tattoo?"

*I stopped in the middle of eating my food. Things were still blurred and I was still warm,but didn't have a fever. I blinked a few times and shrugged then responded.*

"I have always had it,but how did you know I had a dragon tatoo?"

"Well I had to cool you off while you had a fever so I needed to take your cloths off..."

*I nodded in understanding I brought my hand to my left eye and pulled my hair back over my eye and ears then went back to eatting.*

"Hey,I have been wondering this for awhile now,but why do you wear your hair over your left eye?"

*I looked up then gave a sigh Drake had been traveling with me for awhile now about six month to be exact so I suppose I could tell him a little more about myself. I removed my hair from my left eye revealing the dragon head covering my whole face with its silvery design where the eye of the dragon was,was where my eye was. I opened my eye revealing an electric green eye with a slitted pupil.*

"This is why."

"How is your pupil slitted?"

"A curse."

"A curse? What did you do to get cursed?"

"Nothing actually,I suppose perhaps it has to do with my lineage."

"Your lineage?"

"Yes,my lineage. You see I am not human foresay."

"Then what are you?"

"Hmmm a crossbreed due to the blood that flows through my veins I was cursed the exact details of the curse I don't wish to share."

"Ok,then what blood flows trough your veins?"

"Let's see from what I can gather Faye,Elf,and Nymph."

"So forest dwelling spirits?"

"Mhmmm"

"So why doesn't your lineage show?"

"It does,but most people don't realize what they are seeing. My white hair for instants is Faye and Nymph my short height Nymph my ability with good relations with animals Elf my eyes Faye Nymph and Elf the triable curse tattoo Nymph Faye and Elf my petite body and feminine  looks  Faye and Nymph. Then the list can go on and on."

*I took another bite of the mush since I was having trouble digesting normal food at the moment then took a sip of the water.*

"Wow,I didn't even realize that."

"Most don't say,can you help me get up,I have to use the bush."

"Yeah."

*Drake helped me stand up as I stood shakily he helped me out of the cave over to a bush I did my business washed my hands in a small stream then Drake helped me back into the cave to lay down or sit agains the stone wall.*