Chapter 17 Night Assasin and Devil Tamer

*I heard snoring behind me and when I looked Drake had leaned his head against my back and was sleeping. I rolled my eyes at this and looked on. Before we went into the town I carefully turned around so I was facing Drake I grabbed his shoulders and shook him awake.*

"Whaaaa!"

"Relax you fell asleep I didn't want you asleep when we entered the town."

"What time is it?"

"About twelve in the afternoon. When we enter I want you to be quiet let me do the  talking I have perfected my tone pitch,you haven't."

*I turned back around and took my hood off letting my hair whip out from underneath my cloak I kept a few of my knifes in plain sight strapped to my pant leg. As we entered people started to whisper and point at me. I dismounted and gave my hand to Drake to take. He gave me a 'what are you doing look' I had a reputation to keep up so I did the most logical thing. I grabbed his hand yanking him off of Dark Shadow. I steadied him then walked on in front of him. I gave Dark Shadow his que to go off and wait for a command for him to come. I moved swiftly through the crowd with ease. Jinx caught up to me and gave a sharp meow at me then jumped onto my shoulder. I turned around seeing Drake struggling to get through the crowd. I waited for him to catch up then grabbed his wrist.*

"You know you really are a lost cause."

*I guided him through the crowd to a tavern. As I entered I let go of Drake's  wrist and peoples heads turned to me as I entered.*

"Who are you kid ya aren't from round here."

"A simple traveler,this is my lady companion Drenda."

"How old are  ya boy and your companion there? Are ya even old enough to be here?"

*I answered him with a simple gesture I moved swiftly letting my knife stop short of a fatal blow to the throat.*

"Your fare question has been answered by the title of Night Assassin."

*There eyes grew and I pulled my dagger back.*

"Anything else you want to say?"

"N..n..no."

"Good,a shot of rum."

*The bar tender nodded and I went over to a table. Jinx went and jumped onto my shoulder and Drake took a cautious seat in front of me. I was brought my rum and downed it.*

"Hmmm,a bottle of your vodka."

"Can you pay for all of this?"

"Of course I can."

*I pulled out my small waist sack of silver and put it out on the table.*

"Your bottle will be here in a minute."

*I saw a figure approaching me.*

"Yes what do you want?"

"What do you say to a drinking contest?"

*I looked up at the figure meeting his dark brown eyes.*

"Sure."

*Drake looked at me quizzically,but moved over so the stranger could sit.*

"So what are the winnings going to be?"

"Whatever you have on you and the same applies to me."

"Rules?"

"Whoever passes out first loses."

"Ok deal."

*I shook on it and the guy looked to the bar tender nodded and he brought out a red bottle of liquor. We were poured a shot for each of us. I gave a whiff at it and smirked so they were trying to poison me ehh? Well it won't work. I downed that glass and the next until the bottle was gone the guy had only gotten one shot in due to me constantly downing each shot.*

"Well that's gone,now my turn."

*I got my extremely strong vodka out and pored him a shot after one shot he was out like a light.I got my prize then told the bar tender to put it on the guys tab. I left with Drake to go look for more ways to get more money for our trip.*

"How can you hold all of that alcohol?"

"Well newbie that is simple I have been holding my fair share of liquor since I started dressing like a guy it's part of me. The only way I could possibly be drunk to passing out would be if you combined the strongest liquor,even then I would only be slurred drunk at the most. The best the liquor can do to me is get me tipsy and that happens quicker than anything.Now don't say anymore until you get some sun and a beard then you can stop hiding your identity so nobody knows who you are in a new country, a small town far from the castle People will be less likely to know who you are with those features."

*Drake kept quiet as I did what I needed to do.Currently I was bargaining with a hors seller in what I could get for what. I looked all of the horses over looking at height weight breed and most importantly speed and stamina I found a two year old stallion a roan red cross between a Frisian Arabian and thoughbread It had the height of a thoughbread the speed and stamina of a Arabian and it's legs were a good strong muscles of a Frisian.*

"I will take the roan red and the reigns,in exchange for the saddle I will take the saddle blanket that has the the satchels with the straps to hold the pad in place."

"That will be twenty gold."

"Ten"

"Fifteen."

"Twelve."

"Thirteen."

"Deal."

*I paid for the horse and tack and lead him out he was a feisty young stallion and a big handful compared to the tame Arabian gelding Drake was use to. Once I had everything we needed I walked out of the building seeing Dark Shadow come up to me nuzzling me and watching the young stallion warily. I put the saddle pad on as well as the bit. *

"After this you are going to be doing his own gear,but we have lost a lot of daylight already and we need to get moving so mount up."

"I can't."

"Why not?!"

"There are no stirrups."

"Use a rock or log."

*He looked around then found a large rock and mounted the roan once he did that however the roan went crazy and started to buck. I dismounted Dark Shadow grabbed the reigns pulling the stallions head down.*

"Calm down you get one warning from me after this if you misbehave we won't be in very good terms now behave I don't care if you buck a little with me or him just don't throw him off."

*I released the stallions head he threw it up snorting at me I gave him a glare then he went quiet dropping his head. That is how I got the nickname 'Devil Tamer' I could tame the wildest of stallions in seconds. I mounted up then took off the young stallion was keeping a fairly good pace I was right in choosing the stallion he wasn't as fast as Dark Shadow,but he was definitely good at keeping pace with Dark Shadow.*