Chapter 14 Herbs and Anger

*I heard some loud gulping then the King made his decision.*

"Ok then it will be mandatory you eat with us during dinner."

"See that wasn't so hard."

*I leaned back in my chair and if cats could give an annoyed sigh Jinx just did. I got up and extend my arm for Jinx to climb onto to get to my shoulder she balanced on my arm then move to my shoulder flicking her tail up and down.*

"One more thing the herbs I will be placing up in my room don't touch unless you want to die."

*I got up from the table and walked out the guards moved fairly quickly to the side as I passed by them I walked up a few flight of stairs to my room I grabbed my satchel and started to pull out a bunch of herbs I had locked my door to make sure nobody could come in and possibly inhale some of the pollen from some of my deadly plants. I grabbed some string and started to tie all of the same types together and hung them on my bed some on the ceiling around the mirror and in the bathroom once I was done all I needed was a cauldron and I could be presumed as a witch. The flowers that had poisonous pollen were left upright and contained in the mosquito netting As weird as it was the pollen couldn't pass through it. There was knocking on my door. I stepped back admiring my work and I inhaled deeply from all of the scents some smelled of mint,but wasn't,some death,others scent less and the ones with a sweet scent were the deadly ones. I walked up to the knocking on the door and opened it a crack to see Drake standing there.*

"Yeah,can I help you?"

"Can I come in and talk?"

*I reached into my pocket and grabbed a flower I shoved it at Drakes face he started to cough from the pollen other than that no reaction.*

"Yeah,you can come in."

"What was that for?!"

"If you had an immediate allergic reaction then you were highly likely to die from first contact in this room."

"Wow,that's a lot of herbs!"

"Technically speaking highly deadly herbs."

"Are you trying to kill us or something?!"

"No,as long as you combine them correctly they cancel each other out the least deadly in here is ashen leaf,but if ingested without dissolving first can burn you from the inside out. So what do you want to talk to me about?"

"Why exactly are you forcing negotiations on my father?"

"Why am I forcing him to give me my own freedom ohh I don't know maybe because I want to be free!I was born God knows where the first five years I lived in an orphanage on grassy plains in the middle of nowhere I grew up on a road my whole life now I am brought here and put into a canary cage and I am a hawk trying to escape back to the skies! So here you are asking me to negotiate my own partially freedom you might not know what it is to have freedom and the world beneath you and the skies above,living life day by day not knowing if you will live or die of some poisonous plant or animal at least I had freedom you live here every day not taking risks never knowing freedom that is sad people need to be able to have freedom not live in luxury their whole life so what if when I was eating God knows what that was poisonous I ate. At I least was doing something by my own while you people have scripts on how to act what to say and when to do it!"

"Your right I don't know what it is like to have freedom,but not knowing is sometimes better than knowing, because then you are longing for something you can't have."

"Then break free try to take your life in you own hands!You have lived here your whole life you know every inch of this place,or have you been so scripted you haven't even noticed the millions of places to escape!"

"If you know all about them then why haven't you escaped?!"

"I don't leave friends behind that's why!"

"Me?!"

"No not you!"

"That really hurts!"

"Well sorry if you don't have my trust quiet yet."

"Then who are you not leaving behind?"

"Dark Shadow my equine friend!"

"Ok that makes more sense."

"You know when I find a way out you are coming with me, think of it as getting to know the world better for your reign over the kingdoms. Well any longer in here and you are going to be a corpse so bye!"

*Before Drake could protest I shoved him out of my room and locked the door behind him then flopped down onto my bed looked up at the herb above me gave a sigh jumped back up then walked out over to the balcony looking out towards Dark Shadow which was sleeping I pulled my dress sleeve up revealing the ever growing curse mark of a dragon I had it on both arms legs and the left side of my face as an everyday reminder of what I would never give to somebody. I looked up to the stars and moon and fell asleep at the banister.*