Chapter 18 Old Faces and Quarrels

*I slowed down to a walk seeing as we were nearing a village,we had been traveling for five days and we need to get a few supplies. I had been to this village before so that meant people would probably know my title. People parted like the Red Sea as we entered. I tied the roan red up and Drake slid off. I walked through the crowds that slowly started to close up once again. I made my way over to one of the booths that was selling some dried meats. Somebody that wasn't Drake tapped me on my shoulder.When I turned around I was met with a familiar face.*

"Long time no see Scarlet Assasin!"

"Long time no see Night Assasin."

*The man in front of me was quiet tall he had a black beard and red eyes.Then again everybody was taller than me.*

"It's been awhile."

"Yes,last I saw you were....gosh you don't look like you have aged!"

"Let's hope not. You seem the same as always."

"Yes,nothing new here a few kills here a few kills there nothing new.So tell me,who is that little lady over there,your girlfriend?"

"Ha! I do many things,but dating isn't one of them,I am just escorting her around."

"For free?"

"Course not,but the way I role is every time an enemy attacks I add five copper to the bill."

"Well if she isn't taken,mind if I take her off your hands for a night?"

"Sorry,but no,where I am heading requires us to move out quickly and it isn't a place you can go."

"Ahh,so your heading back there then? Well no assassins in their right mind would follow then."

"Not a chance,if I ever see you around I will be sure so say hi,maybe paint the walls crimson with you."

"I'll hold you to your word Night Assassin. "

*We ended our conversation at that. Drake came up walking closely to me and whispered into my ear.*

"I thought you said you didn't have friends or trusted anybody other than your...Pe....companions."

"The assassin community dear Drenda is closer than a family unless we have been hired to kill one another for quiet a hefty price we either don't talk to each other or are fairly friendly to one another,he is to thank for me not killing you. I met him when I was thirteen,fourteen the first person other than Kyle and Taz that I made conversation with other than haggling. I met him in an alleyway when I was getting dehydrated in a desert village he gave me some water which I wasn't conscious for brought me back to Taz and Kyle,turns out he is a well know assassin considering the line of work he is in he is quiet the nice guy. If he wasn't in the business he is in now he probably  would be a farmer or doctor somebody who helps the community. The business he is hired for falls under criminal and bandit catagory."

"What about you?"

"Me? Well I am in a category all my own I don't get hired like most assassins you could say I am an enforcer I leave them near death weather they live or not is up to them. More often than not my work goes untouched until a rotting scent is found thus the nickname in the assassin work Night Assassin,Shadow Walker,Silent Cat, the names go on and on."

"Sounds like you are quiet popular."

"I am fairly well know the funny thing is not many people actually have seen my face,the Scarlet Assassin is one of the few who have."

"Does he know your a-"

"Don't even finish that sentence even fewer know my real age and gender identity."

"How much longer do I have to wear this corny getup?"

"As soon as you grow a beard. So now you know how it feels to wear a dress."

"How do you even get your voice as low as it is? Doesn't it strain your voice?"

"After years of practice it comes second nature. Now that we have everything I suspect a nice stubble will form in a week once we start building up your body. I can almost see it coming through."

*My voice was laced with sarcasm and Drake gave me a sour look.*

"You don't have to be some an about it ya know."

"Yes I do,that's what puts hair on your chest,now man up we haven't even hit a small bump much less a cliff so stop your whining and take my brutal nature with a smile the sooner you catch on the better off both you,and I will be. Even Kit has more of a manly
air about him!"

"Ok,that's going a bit far."

"Ha,if you think that is bad you haven't seen anything yet!"

*A electrical glare was going between the two of us. We mounted and rode off out of town and onto our perhaps never ending journey.*