Chapter 23

A month has passed since Beau had told me about him a Daniel.
"I think we should put together our hospital bag." Jai randomly said at dinner.
"What? We still have 3 weeks." I said
"Babies can come early." Gina said while taking a bite of her roll.
"Ok fine we'll do it after dinner." I said. There was a knock on the door a few minutes later.
"I'll get it." Jai said as he got up.
"You got enough for us?" I heard James' voice.
"Of course." Jai said as he led them to the dinner table.
"Help yourself." Gina said. Daniel sat next to Beau not saying a word and not getting any food.
"Daniel, is something wrong?" Luke asked.
"No I'm just not hungry." He said while forcing a smile upon his face.
"That's a first." James said while sitting down next to Luke.
We all laughed.
"So Daniel and I have something to tell you." Beau finally spoke after a moment of silence.
"What is it?" Gina asked
"Beau and I are together." Daniel said while taking Beau's hand into his.
"You're what?" Luke asked while James spit his food out.
"We're together." Beau repeated.
"Well we fully support you." Jai said
"Right mom?" He turned and asked her.
"I'll be right back." She said, as she got up and left the table. When she passed me I noticed tears in her eyes and her face was flushed.
"What's wrong with her?" I asked
"I don't know, she's never been a religious person and has never had a problem with gays." Luke explained.
"I'll go talk to her." Jai said, as he got up and walked to her room.
"So how long have you been together?" James asked
"Um 3 months." Daniel answered
"It took you 3 months to tell us?" Luke asked
"Well it's not something you just say when you get home from work or school. 'Hey mom I'm gay with Daniel and I got a 93 on my math test today. Cool? Cool. Alright I'll be in my room.' You just don't do that." Beau said
"Who else knew?" Luke asked.
"No one." Daniel said. I was relived at that answer because I didn't want Jai to be mad me for not telling him.
"She said that she's ok it's just that she has to process it and that she supports you." Jai said as he walked into the kitchen.
"Ok good." Beau said.
"Well Jai and I have to go back our hospital bag." I said, as I got up from the table and raced up stairs.