Chapter 3

Liam 's POV

"Yeah."

"...."

"That's great. When would we leave?"

"...."

"That's...that's pretty soon. Umm...I'm going to have to talk to Zayn about this. Eleanor is due any day now, and I know how upset Zayn would be if he missed it."

"...."

"Alright, sounds good. I'll talk to you soon. Take care."

I let out a sigh of frustration. My manager just called to inform me that I need to make an appearance at the American Music Awards, and I need to be in California in two days.

Normally this wouldn't be such a big deal, Zayn and I would pack for a mini vacation with Harry, not problem at all, but with El being so close to her due date I doubt Zayn's going to want to go.

Hell, I don't even want to go. I can't miss little Gemma being born. Louis and Eleanor are like family and I would hate to miss such an important life event.

I let out another sigh.

I'll have to see what Zayn says. I really hope he decides to come with, because I hate when him and Harry are home alone. It worries me that something can happen to them, and I wouldn't be there to protect them.

______

It's been about an hour since Zayn and Harry left to the grocery store. They should be home any minute.

I think I'm going to start lunch, I'm sure they'll be hungry when they get here. Now, what to make for lunch? I began opening the cupboards noticing that there wasn't much to choose from.

"On second thought, I think I'll take them out to lunch," I said out loud.

With that thought in mind, I made quick work of texting Paddy and asking him to please meet us at The Blue Mountain Café. It's one of Zayn's favorite.

Honk! Honk!

Looks like they're here.

I made my way towards our attached garage, once there I saw that Zayn had just pulled into the garage in his black 2015 Sport Range Rover. I had recently bought Zayn a new car for his birthday.

I walked towards his door and opened it for him, "Hey baby, how was grocery shopping?" I asked as I leaned in a pressed a quick kiss onto his soft lips.

"Mmm," kiss "It was okay," kiss "Got everything we needed," he said in between kisses.

"Someone's awfully affectionate today," I teased.

"What can I say? I love kissing you," he said back. I leaned down and pressed one final kiss onto his lips. That's when I noticed that Harry was being awfully quiet.

"Harry fell asleep on the way here, mind getting him? And I'll start brining in the groceries," he asked.

"Course not baby, I'll get him."

Zayn sent me a smile and made his way out of the car and towards the back so that he could start unloading groceries.

I carefully unbuckled Harry from his car seat, being mindful not to jostle him so much as to not wake him up.

Once Harry was placed in my arms I made my way back inside and towards his bedroom.

______

Zayn's POV