Chapter 15: My Romeo???

We reach over to turn off the lights at the same moment and our fingers brush against each others.
"I'll do it." he says, I step away and sneak out. Moments later, he is beside me.
We walk to the bus stop. We pass by a little girl crying, Sean picks up a pretty yellow flower and gives it to the girl.

The girl's eyes widen and she takes the flower from him. A toothy grin lights up her face.
I felt my heart melt. That was so sweet of him.

We get onto the bus.
We don't say anything. We part at the studio.
For the first time, when we part, I look back to walk him walking.

I hurry home. My mom was officially going to murder me.
I rushed home to see Aunt Becca and Uncle Noah chatting with mom.
"Hey, Em." Aunt Becca greets me, cheerfully. My mom gives me a warning look.

"We were just discussing about Becca's new baby." my mom says, excitedly. I wonder whether she was actually excited like this when I was born. "Do you guys know whether if it's a guy or a girl?" I asked, sitting down.
"It's a boy." says Noah as Becca says girl. I laugh.

Noah smiles at Becca, tenderly and kisses her cheek.
She squeezes his hand, lovingly.
Suddenly, Sean's words, the other echo in my brain.

"Everything about you is real. You're not fake like everyone else, you're real and that's makes you beautiful. It's just everyone are too stupid and self-obsessed to notice that."

"I like you, Emma. I really like you." God, I am being so selfish. He probably thinks I'm taking advantage of him.
Did I like him? I don't know. "Good night! Guys, I have a test tomorrow, so I gotta get so beauty sleep." I said, excusing myself.
"Good night." Noah and Becca says. Mom ignores me.

I head upstairs, sighing. I go to sleep. Right when I was just nodding off to sleep, I heard a loud clack against the window. I jolt awake immediately. I grab my pillow and open the window. A figure jumps into my room, I grab the pillow and whack the figure as hard as I can.
"Emma! What the heck! Ouch!" protested a masculine voice. I turned on the lights. Sean was there.

"What are you fricking doing here?" I hissed, whacking him.
He holds out a ballet shoe. "You left this at the studio." he says, pouting.
I drop the pillow on the ground and take the shoe from him. "Thanks for bringing to me." I said, quietly. I flush bright red to the tip of my ears as I remember my horrific whacking. He gives me a smirk. I open my mouth to protest that he was the mental one, I mean, who comes into someone else's house by their bedroom window?

"Karma time!" he whispers, grabbing my pillow. The realisation of what he was planning to do dawns to me.
"No! Sean! No!" I whispered as I run away. He starts to whack me.
He tickles me. I start to lose my balance. I try to stay on my feet and I grab his shirt for support. We fall over. I look up to see his green eyes.

I hear talking in the hallway the door opens and I see Becca. She grins widely. Sean gets up and dives into the closet.
Noah comes in and witnesses me on the floor. "What happened?" he asks, confused. For some reason, I feel like laughing.
Becca bites her lip to hold back laughter.

I hold back laughter as well. Becca is turning bright red. Noah gives us a suspicious look. He carefully examines my face and Becca's.
Our eyes meet and we burst into laughter. I hear Sean join in. Noah looks surprised.  He inspects the closet. I hold my breath, nervously.
He sighs and says,"You're not going tell me are you?"  Becca nods.

"Let's go home." Becca says, kissing his nose. Noah immediately perks up. He leans over and squeezes her hand.
They exit the room, Becca winks at me over her shoulder. "We are so going to talk." she mouths at me, excitedly.
I sigh and bury my face into my hands. That was mortifying.
Sean comes out of the closet.

" I gotta go. See you tomorrow, my dear Juliet." he says, dramatically waving his hands around ridiculously.
"Romeo, Romeo wherefore art thou Romeo?" I reply, sarcastically. He raises his hands up in surrender.
"Alright, you win." he says, giving me a hurt look.
He climbs over the window.

"Can't you just go out the front door? I can sneak you out." I offered. He shakes his head in disgust.
"That would not be heroic, would it? Doors are for wimps." He says, making me roll my eyes at him.
He gives me, what is supposed to be a heroic expression and jumps out.

I smile as I hear a yelp coming from below the window. He is ridiculous. I look out the window to see him, getting up. He takes a bow.
"Very heroic." I said, sarcastically, I clap for him. He grins widely.
"Indeed, my love." he says. My heart races as he says, my love. "It was just a joke, Emma." says my mean voice. I shut it down.

I hesitate. "Good night, Sean." I whispered, quietly. He was walking away, so I didn't think he heard me.
But he did, he turned around and grinned, making his teeth stand out in the dark. "Good night, Emma." He says, his eyes twinkling with amusement as always.

He was always so happy, it is so weird for a guy with a terrible past like his to be so  . . . positive. And here I am still living in my parent's house, moping around. What right did I have to do that? I dismiss my thoughts for later.
I shut the window and go back to bed. I smiled.

I shut my eyes and drift off to sleep with the image of Sean's exquisite green eyes on the back of my eyelids.