Chapter 45: Let's Go To Court

Começar do início

I sit in the cell playing with a ball of flame in my hand. The door opens and I expect to see Isaac or Amaro, someone I know. But instead Theo walks in. Oh god.

"Hey." He walks in, opening my cell door.

"Hi..." I stand up. "Are you taking me?"

"Yeah." He nods slowly. "Is that okay with you?"

I stammer at first before answering. "Uh- is Carisi with you?"

"No, he got sent out with someone else in my squad. I mean, if you want someone else to take you I'm sure-"

"No. It's fine."

I feel kind of sad that Carisi isn't with him. I mean I'm mad, but I still wanna see him. Arguing with him is better than this silence.

We go out to one of the squad cars and I sit behind the caged seats. He didn't handcuff me which I'm pretty sure is out of regulation, but I guess I'm not a threat to him.

As we pull out, I watch another squad car pull in. Out of boredom I watch the people in the car and am shocked by what I see. Carisi, a smile plastered on his face, eyes squinted the way they are when he laughs. Then, at the passenger seat, a girl with brunette, long hair, LITERALLY FLAWLESS skin.

Jealousy. One of the worst feelings in the world and it pangs throughout my whole body. I bite my cheek and ask, "who is that?"

"Hmm?" Theo looks at me through his mirror.

"The girl Dominick was assigned with."

"Oh! That's Allison." He glances at me through his mirror again. I roll my eyes at the name. Allison. Smh. He sees me and laughs, "she's nice."

I sigh, overthinking way too much. They got assigned together! It's not like he chose her. Plus, I should be mad at him! But I miss him so much. Goddamn I must be on my period.

We arrive at the court and Theo parks. I've never been here before... I get involved and everything but my parents never let me testify or get up on the stand. Now I don't really have a choice.

Theo opens by door, putting his hand on my shoulder as he guides me. We walk up a flight of stairs and enter the sophisticated building. Everyone is literally in work dresses and suits, causing me to feel out of place.

Theo guides me down halls until we get to a room and he opens it for me. Barba spins around then smiles when he sees me. He then looks at Theo probably realizing he's working against me in this case and frowns. "You can go now." He says quite aggressively. Theo nods at me with a small smile before closing the door and walking away.

"Alright, so this is just a hearing to determine if you're staying under the county's custody, if you can go out on bail or just be released until your next trial." He explains while shuffling through papers. "Just sit there and look pretty, and DON'T react badly. If they want to keep you in custody, keep your calm." I nod in understanding and he gives a smile, "Good."

After a while of some more briefing a security guard comes in telling us it's time to go. We follow the guard and he comes to a large fancy door, pushing it open. We enter the huge court room, causing butterflies to rise in my stomach. The whole place feels so fancy and sophisticated, it's somewhere I don't belong.

I scan the room to see my whole family, and Amaro. I do a double take and notice that all of my Avengers are there and my heart warms so much. I also notice the three bitches trying to fuck me over right now and their parents. Warren Klay, Reiner Galden, and Elissa Heredia. I know all three of them, they're all in my grade and I've had at least one class with each of them. Warren and Reiner are like best friends or something, they're spoiled, ignorant brats who have invalid opinions on everything. Elissa is more quiet, so this kinda came as a surprise to me. Or maybe not, she's too quiet... Whatever, either way, I have an extreme burning hatred for all of them now.