The foreigner

A/N: Special thanks to KeithOvelton, for inspiring me to write this chapter some time ago. I strongly recommend you check out his story “A Few Years for Us”; it’s not teen fiction, but if you love detailed descriptions, that is the place to go!

Comments are appreciated as always, if not even more so, because I really want to read your thoughts on Alex. The girl is one of the main characters in another story I’ve started - Here We Go Again, and yes, I plan on uploading that one on Wattpad as well.

xo Cat

*****

Keegan POV

I just had to get out of there; I really couldn’t handle being around Caden and Alice right now. They were trying to be subtle and not too lovey-dovey around me and I appreciated that, but watching them together was still hard for me.

The day they’d told me they had become a couple, over a week ago now, had been one of the worst days of my life. I’d been torn between feeling happy for them, feeling upset and feeling guilty that a part of me was still jealous and even somewhat spiteful. I never told them that of course. Once they insisted I meet them in the school yard before lessons and announced that they had been dating since the day before, I congratulated them and darted into the school, pretending I didn’t want to be late for class. It was a lousy excuse and I knew it. I was sure they’d seen right through me as well.

Ever since then, the two were pretty much inseparable, becoming the school’s newest and juiciest gossip. That only made it worse for me. Not only did I have to spend time with the happy couple, but when they weren’t around, I still heard whispers about them.

Even here, at Cillian’s, they were the center of attention. They often used to be when they weren’t together, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise, I guess. Even though it’s been… What? Ten days now? Well, people still uttered the occasional “I told you so!” and “We knew you two would get together!” when they saw them.

I walked out the door of the pub and leaned on the wall. I needed a smoke. Reaching into the back pocket of my blue jeans, I took out my cigarettes and impatiently placed one in my mouth. It was only after the packet was back in its original place that I realize I didn’t have my lighter on me. Still holding the cig between my lips, I groaned in irritation.

“Need a light?” A voice with a slight accent to it asked from my left.

I turned in that direction and my gaze was met by a really short, long-haired brunette. Her big chocolate-brown eyes raked over my body with a look of appreciation in them. Her small pink lips curled in a cocky smirk as she got closer to me.

“Here,” she offered, reaching into the pocket of her long black leather pants and getting out a lighter. She lighted it and neared the flame to the end of my smoke. Once she was done with the cig, she put the lighter back in her pocket. She leaned her right shoulder on the wall next to me in a way that she could face me.

“Thanks,” I replied, checking the girl out.

Damn! She must have been only about 5 feet tall, but was she hot!

She looked to be around my age, maybe a year or two younger, but who cared? The girl had a very appealing body and a pretty face to match. She also had a bad girl don’t-mess-with-me aura: wearing a leather top, pants and gloves as well as combat boots, all of those in black. She also wore a leather chocker to which a silver locket was attached. She had several piercings on both of her ears and a thick silver earring on her right one caught my eye as it glistened under the light of the street lamps. I wouldn’t be surprised if she had a tattoo somewhere on her body and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to check that theory out. Add all that to her cocky attitude and yeah, you get the picture: a bad girl through and through. Apparently Little Mrs. Trouble had no problem with me stripping her with my eyes as her smirk became even more prominent on her lips.