Chapter Forty-Three

Começar do início

"I'm hungry." She says.

There's definitely never a dull moment with Willow around.

I look at Peeta, "Me too." I am quick to say.

Peeta laughs, "How about we go have some dinner or something to snack on?"

"Yeah, that sounds good." Willow nods and gets off Peeta. She climbs off the bed and runs down stairs, leaving Peeta and I alone.

Peeta turns and looks at me and we both just smile at each other and laugh out loud.

He gets up and scoops me off of the bed and carries me bridal style all the way down the stairs. Willow is already in the kitchen, sitting at the island. 

"Daddy, you're strong." She tells Peeta as he sets me down next to her.

Peeta and I both just laugh and he starts whipping something up.

"Katniss, I think we should make her some of you're name-sake stuff soon. She hasn't had it since she was a baby." Peeta says to me.

I chuckle, "We should've gotten some today when we were there. I didn't even think about it."

"In a few weeks we will go back." He tells me and I nod.

Willow gives us a weird look and shrugs it off.

"Katniss, will you go get Buttercup some food so he will get out from under my feet?" Peeta asks me.

I nod and get up.

"Buttercup." I say making clicking noises and he follows me to the pantry where we keep his food. I scoop him some out and take it to his good dish.

"When is Buttercup's birthday?" Willow asks out of the clear blue.

I laugh, "I don't know. Do you know, Peeta?" I ask him, knowing he'll understand me.

"Nope. I don't remember." Peeta says and Willow shrugs.

"He's old. I can tell you that." I say laughing. Peeta chuckles and agrees.

"Daddy?" Willow asks.

He turns around, "Yeah, baby girl?"

"I love you." She says to him.

He smiles, "I love you too." Peeta says.

Willow smiles to herself and just watches him make us whatever he's making.

And I smile at my sweet little girl.

Soon after we get in our pajamas and lay a bunch of blankets and pillows on the floor and Willow picks out a movie.

Willow lays in between us and Peeta holds my hand over all of our heads and we watch the kid movies that Willow loves.

It doesn't take long for Willow to crash so Peeta carries her upstairs and we tuck her into bed together. Thankfully, the night is still pretty young. It's only 7:30 so we have the rest of the night to do whatever we want.

We come back down stairs and sit next to each other on the couch. All I can even begin to say is that "I'm really sorry about snapping at Willow during lunch. I really didn't mean to." I apologize.

"I think you guys made up." Peeta says laughing a little.

I smile sadly, "I never thought in a million years that I would be discussing reasons to have another baby and to not have another baby with our five year old."

"I thought you didn't want to talk about it with her?"

"I didn't but it honestly would effect her more than either of us I think and she seems to understand more than we think."