XLIV. Headlong Into the Abyss

Start from the beginning

"So this is who was chosen to go with the Fallen?" he inquired, his words seething with insult, and he received many sharp looks.

"What was that, you piece of scrap?" the 'Con across from him barked, and the others added their own insults.

"Order: Cease instigations," her captor said again, this time with more force, and, again, the others went quiet except for Barricade, whom just chuckled once more. "Barricade: desist."

"Can't a 'Con have a little fun, Soundwave? I've had to live with those slagging Autobots for solar cycles now," he snorted.

Soundwave simply replied, "Desist."

The Decepticon rolled his optics, but then noticed Catherine glaring at him again, and so smirked, "I'm going to be the least of your worries soon, human."

He laughed when Catherine looked away, her face set into a scowl as she folded her arms across her chest. They soon wrapped around her sides, too, as she hid her fear behind the scowl. She hated—no, loathed, him, but he was right. He was the least of her concerns right now. She knew exactly what they wanted from her, and she had to do everything she could to stop it from happening. If only it would never come!

Unfortunately, the thought was hopeless, as the Deception they rode within began to lower, and the mechs around her grew less antsy and angered. Relief even came upon their features, which only caused dread to filter onto hers. It only worsened as the plane landed with a thud, the door opened, and her captor rose. Her heart beat quickened and she felt adrenaline's flames fly through her, though she could do nothing to adhere to the instinctive call to flee. She could only keep her arms wrapped tight and bite her lip as the towering, one-optic mech descended the loading ramp and walked out into the dusty, arid air.

There was no doubt she was far from home—both the base and the ranch. The landscape was mostly golden grass or dirt, and a few, scraggily trees here or there. In the distance she thought she make out moving shapes, but it could have easily been a mirage of the scorching heat, which within a few seconds had formed beads of sweat on her brow that were preparing to dribble down. Her view was blurred for a moment as her captor turned, and she felt the fire in her veins freeze.

Although she had fully expected it, it was still a shock to see the innate form of the deceased Decepticon leader lying on the hot ground, surrounded by other 'Cons, whom looked eagerly to her captor. They also gave her confused glances, though made no move against her or her captor, whom brought them before Megatron's body. She remembered him all too well, along with the short battle she had against him. Even lifeless he seemed so dangerous, and she could not help feeling that his optics were about to burst to life and his claws about to rip her apart in vengeance.

"Doctor: target acquired," Soundwave spoke, and, not a moment later, a small silver, spider-like Decepticon appeared from within the Decepticon leader's armor. Its bug-like eyes peered up at her, scrutinizing her with disgust before snorting.

"Zis human Allzspark? How zis work?" it barked loudly, like a small dog facing off against a bigger one.

"Cause: energon," the larger mech replied, and proceeded to send a shock through Catherine's body. She yelped with both surprise and pain, and her veins lit up along with her irises. She silently cursed as she curled tight, biting back the burning sensation.

"I zee... Most interezting. Place in zpark chamber! We begin!" the Doctor cried gleefully, scuttling to the empty hole in Megatron's chest, and gestured for Soundwave to move her there. The mech stepped closer, and, though Catherine attempted to move away from the hole, it was useless, and he pinned her down. She wriggled in his grip, but that, too, was useless, and he shocked her again, producing another yelp. Her body lit, but no shots of lightning came forth and thus no spark with it. The Doctor frowned, and ordered Soundwave to repeat, which he did. Again, only a yelp, glowing veins, and no spark. The Decepticons began to frown and murmur while the small, spider-like mech made a cry of disgust and frustration.