chapter 19

Dai snuck off to his quarters the the squad ten barracks. He was trying to be subtle, but in the process he tripped over who knows what and face planted flat onto the floor.

"I see your finally back from your walk." Dai's skin crawled and he sprung up from his position cowering on the floor. He winced, knowing he was caught.

Ichigo couldn't sleep, so he was leaning against his office door, waiting for Dai to get back from his mysterious "walk." He wasn't going to bed without knowing where his friend/ subordinate went.

"Oh, hello Captain. Yes. What a refreshing walk." He laughed nervously, again wincing, this time at his terrible lying skills.

"How was it?" Ichigo asked. Okay, he knew Dai was lying, but no sense in wrenching the truth out of him.

Dai nodded happily, his hair bouncing up and down. "Goodnight sir." He said, turning away from Ichigo.

"Wait." Dai stopped in his tracks, his muscles tightening. So close he thought indignantly, but he knew he wasn't.

"Yah?" He answered, not turning around.

Ichigo thought for a second, then said
"Good night." Dai replied with another "good night" and retreated to his quarters where he collapsed onto his bed and fell asleep.

"Sir..." Ichigo was asleep until he heard the soft voice at the door. He sprung up, landing on his feet, facing the door.

Rangiku slowly opened the door after hearing his captain's voice back. He was standing in the middle of his room, tired looking and out of place. Rangiku chuckled.

"You have a captain's meeting in 10 minutes. I can believe you just got....." She was cut off by a loud obnoxious voice from behind her. She glared and turned around, finding none other than her third seat, Masa.

"CAPTAIN!" She yelled. She was at his door. She clumsily pushed through Rangiku and stared at her captain.

"A person's at the gate." She said.

Ichigo looked at her, and his eyes finally startled to unblur. He scratched his head.

"Well why don't you let that person in." He answered simply. Masa looked startled, then her face became stone.

"No. You don't understand, sir. The person-this girl- she's evil... the incarnation of the devil." She was gritting her teeth, and she looked ready to punch the wall.
Evil... Ichigo thought.

This should be interesting.

"Hello in there!" A familiar voice made Masa jump. She gritted her teeth, spinning around and running into the hallway.

"Who let you in!" Ichigo heard her say. Ichigo suddenly knew who the familiar voice was. He raced out of the room.

"Rukia!" He yelled happily, hugging her. She had her usual black hair and smile on. She hugged back, closing her eyes. It's been a while since she was hugged quite like this. She let the moment last for a few seconds, than ripped away.

She turned Masa, who was gaping at the scene.

"Oh, hello cousin. You should of just let me in. I'm not too keen on breaking and entering." Ichigo laughed and turned to Masa.

"Cousins? Oh yah, I forgot about that.
You should have just let her in. She's not evil."

Masa wanted to argue, but she decided against it. All she knew was she hated Rukia Kucheki.

"Sir!" Rangiku was behind Ichigo, her hands on her hips.

"I hate to inturupt, but you have a captain's meeting in like, 2 minutes!"

Ichigo flashstepped away as Rukia and Masa continued to glare at eachother.

"Rukia, it's been so long!" Said Rangiku, breaking the silence. She was all too good at that.

"Hey, Rangiku. What's up with Ichigo, he's acting.... skiddish."

Rangiku laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Hey, you don't know the new Ichigo. He's.... wait for it.... responsible!"

Rukia shook her head and sighed. Rangiku was glad to have company that wasn't a spoiled angry 3rd seat named Masa.

Masa threw her hands up in the air and growled angrily.

"Does the whole world know Ichigo! He's just everyone's best friend, isn't he" She stormed off , purposely bumping into Rukia's shoulder before hand.

He has alot of enemies, too. Rukia thought, after pondering over it.

*******************************

"Your late, Mr. Kurosaki." Ichigo just bursted into the captain's meeting, breathing slightly heavily. The headcaptain frowned at Ichigo and he shot up.

"Sorry, sir." He said and rushed to stand in the line of captains.

Byakuya gifted him an acid glare before the captain said
"Now that we are all present, this captain's meeting has begun."

Ichigo was standing right next to the other new captain, Arata Matsubara. He stared at Ichigo, remembering his cousin's words.

"Ichigo's alot of things, but not an ememy."

But deja vu continued to overcome him, buzzing through his body. He took deep breathes, but to no avail.

Ichigo felt distress beside him. He wasn't sure how he knew, maybe some sort of new soul-sense. He glanced over at Arata and emediately he felt a shock in his body. It was a rush of hot air, a bundle of unease. He shifted uncomfortably, tuning back into the head captain's long speech.

".... And so, Mr. Kurosaki, please step forward."

Ichigo could laugh at the pure irony. He knew it was childish of him to tune the head-captain out until just now, but he was glad he heard that last sentence.
He stepped forward, unsure if missed something important.

"I have assigned you to go to the world of the living to exterminate the abnormal hollows spawning in the town of Karacuda that I previously mentioned." Ichigo took that in stride and smiled.

"Thankyou, sir!" He said. He knew he could've picked any other soul reaper for the job. He knew he was being done a great favor, and amazing deed.

Arata stepped out of line.

"Sir, I have ten years experiance of the world of the living! Why send an amateur?" Arata roared with passion and anger that no one had seen in him before. He emediately stepped back into the line of captains, bowing his head.

"I have my reasons. Ichigo has 17 years of experiance in the world of the living. I believe that will suffice."

The Head-captain Thought for a moment, then looked at Ichigo.

"You may take any team you like. But you must take Arata Matsubara as your second in command." Ichigo nodded and glanced at Matsubara, who didn't seem to like him. He gave Arata a small smirk before turning back to the captain.

"I understand. I already know who I'm going to take."

Authors note:
Hello citizens of the anime universe! Nice to finally write another chapter. Okay, I admit it. I forgot an authors note last chapter. But have no fear, I'm here now! I tried to make this chapter a good one. Thank you for so manyents, votes, and even views! as of right now, I'm almost at 2,000! (I'm at 1.99k) well anyway thankyou for reading and as always, keep calm and fan on!