chapter 9

The 3rd year common room was utterly empty, except, of course, for the two wordless teenagers sitting on opposite sides of the room, thinking.

Ichigo's mind was this: wow... This girl, whoever she is, has so much power it's like I'm carrying a house just by being in a room with her...

Meanwhile, Masa's mind was wanting to burn Ichigo to the ground.

What is he planning.. Whatever this amateur is trying to pull, it won't work. He's gonna be busted by creepy-girl tomorrow morning. She's so strong that I can't even feel her spiritual pressure.... His hypnosis won't work on her...

Masa stood up. "Carrot-top." She said.
Ichigo turned her way.
"Yah, what is it?" She squinted.

"Are you ever going to tell me what I want to know? Like how you are going to become an officer after only being a soul reeper for 1 week?"

Ichigo thinks for a minute, and gives his answer the best he can.
"I won't need to tell you. If we are going to be couleages, then you'll figure it out eventually."

But Ichigo wasn't so sure...

He didn't know if he wanted to become an officer. He figured that he was foolish for thinking the soul society was going to let his power just go to waste on doing something like being a town guardian (of Kadacuda town,) but he felt a hole in his chest for the friends he left behind.

He kept replaying the morning in his head. The girl instructor with the personal identity problems, about whether he was glad or upset that he was going into one of the 13 court guard squads.

Soon people started to come into the common room, confused on where we were. Ichigo heard some of the coversatioms, most of which were:

"What? He was called in that room?"
"Sounds like he cheat to me."
"How do you cheat at thattt??"
"Maybe he's just crazy."
'Hey now, stop it. Isn't it possible that he is just some kind of amazing natural fighter? I believe it."

And with that little comment, Ichigo smiled a little bit. Well at least not everyone hates me, that's a start, right? In truth, Ichigo didn't care, but he thought it would be nice to make some friends. He got up to talk to the boy that defended him.

He put his hand on the boys shoulder. He was a little shorter than Ichigo, and he had white spiked up hair. His eyes were kind and gray, but when he turned to see Ichigo, he jumped out of his skin.

Ichigo pulled him aside. He put out his hand.

"Hi, I'm Ichigo Kurosaki." He said.
the boy stared at his hand, then took it. He still had the look of fear in his eyes, but he did his best to hide it.

"I'm Dai Masuo. Nice to meet you. We're in the same homeroom." Ichigo smiled. He let go of Dai's hand, and
Dai Got Frantic again.

"I was wondering. I need to go to the Library, and, well, frankly I have no idea how to get there. Could you possibly help me out?"

The boy started to sweat. Obviously Ichigo's presence startled him. Ichigo almost pulled back his offer, but Dai put back on his smile.

"Sure, you wanna go now?" The boy asked. Ichigo smirked.

"Yah, and thanks." Dai nodded. Together they walked out of the common room to the library.

Ichigo was looking for anything, anything, on the mystery girl. He ran his fingers along the books, looking for a title, anything, on the captain's trainer.

"Hey, Ichigo?" Dai stood up from his place reading a book.

"Yah, Dai?" He turned to his new friend. Dai had a book in his hand, and a puzzled look on his face.