chapter 5

Ichigo had apsolutely no idea why he was nervous for the test. It consisted of a few written questions, and after that you have to do a physical test. This will be interesting. He took a breath and started the test.

How many court guard squads are there? 13

How many fighting styles are there? 4

What is the state of a released Zanpakuto? Shekai

What is the second release state? Bankai

Name one way to become a captain:
Defeat the captain with 200 or more squad member witnesses

The questions went on, all of which seemed easy for him. When he was done he put his pencil down, then looked around at the other souls, three or four of which were already in their soul reaper outfit.
****************†************†******
"Okay, now for the physical portion of the test. Focus as much spiritual as you can and attack this punching bag."
Ichigo let put a small Chuckle as he said This. He then imagined Toshiro, captain of Squad 10, as an even smaller child, punching the life out of that poor bag.

"Line up." The eighteen of the chosen souls lined up, one at each punching bag.

" Now, use any force you would like on this. Focused energy, kick it, or even tackle it. Just use all force necessary."
Ichigo nodded as the old man finished speaking.

Ichigo thought of ways to go about this. After running through several things, he decided to just all out punch it then blast it with all of his spiritual pressure.

"First up.". It was a small child with long black pigtails, as well as a floral dress. She stepped up, blinking weakly as she set up a position to kick.

When she kicked it, the sound reverberated through the entire room. The bag swung back then it began to spin, and eventually the rope holding the bag frayed from the tension. She bowed and returned, as she left us all gaping at her small figure.

A few others went, some weak, some strong, then finally, Ichigo was up.

He got to the bag, breathed-in-out-in-out, then set himself up for a punch. He remembered kieske's words "while throwing a punch, concentrate all of your spiritual pressure into your arm, shoulder and knuckles."
He threw his fist at the bag with every possible force in his body.

His knuckles connected with the bag. He continued with his force as he watched the punching bag.

It immediately flew from the rope. The bag was flung against the wall, then it was ripped in half as it sunk to the floor.

Everyone seemed impressed.
Even the old man.

Ichigo said a few words of mindless apologies for breaking the bag, then he stepped back in line.

The room was completely still. For seconds words hung on the tounges of everyone, but nothing was said. They just stared.
"Okay.." The old man said, breaking the unbearable silence.

"Next..."
************************************

Tatsuki slept over at Orihime's house that night.
"Do you want any nutty-chocolate rice balls? They are a new recipe!" Orihime asked excitedly.
"No thanks, but Orihime, tell me what happened." Orihime gaze was confused for a few seconds, then it hardened.

"All I know is he was assassinated. His ghost came back, told everyone he had to go, and asked for us to say he transferred, not died. Then he was sent to the soul society like a normal ghost." Tatsuki grasped the table.

"That idiot. How is he supposed to come back if he is in the soul society?"

"If he becomes... No... When he becomes a soul reaper he will be able to do assignments in the world of the living. And we can go to the Soul society pretty often as well." Orihime answered. Tatsuki shook her head.

"That idiot. Is he really so dense that he got snuck up on from behind? Hasn't he learned anything from his father?" This made Orihime smile.

For hours, Orihime and Tatsuki talked about Ichigo and other complicatimg things from the soul society.
************************************
Soon, everyone was finished with their strength tests. Ichigo looked around to see many youthful and lively faces, most of which where probably older than him (even the little girl with the pigtails.)

Minutes later a chart was pinned on the wall. Ichigo was the first to look on it. He scrolled down and found his name from the other 10.
Ichigo Kurosaki: 3rd year Advanced classes (classroom 3-B)
Ichigo glanced at it again. He knew correctly that this was only his first year and that they didn't go by age here.
"Uh... Sir?" Ichigo tried.

"Yes Mr. Kurosaki?" Said the old man.

"Why am I in third year?"

"Because we couldn't put you in Forth year without testing your smarts." He answered.

Ichigo sighed. "I mean, sir, why am I not in First year classes?"

"Mr. Kurosaki. Am I correct in saying that you have defeated a considerable amount of Captains and Lieutenants when you were alive?" The old man said.

Ichigo nodded.
"We cannot have an advanced student in our first year class intimidating our freshman, now can we?" The old man finally started to make sense. It was only a month into the new school year, so he could adjust fast.

He wanted to become a full fledged soul reaper as fast as he could so that he could come back to the world of the living. Ichigo smiled... Actually smiled at the old man.
He immediately shook his happiness off as a fluke, but he somehow couldn't help it. This was going to take a lot shorter of time than he thought.

Authors note:
Another chapter down! Hope this story is progressing for your liking! Things are about to get all hot up in here! I hope that you are enjoying the series and as always, keep calm and fan on!!