chapter 14

After Byakuya left, the children were told to go to bed. Now they were in the common room on opposite sides of the room. Masa stared at Ichigo. It was the kind of stare that had a voice. It said "Tell me." Ichigo shook his head and chuckled.

"You seem like you want something." Ichigo said, shattering the silence they worked so hard for into a million pieces.

Masa's eyes turned wild, and her face filled with rage. She stood up from her spot on the couch and and then sat back down, again with pure anger.

"Ugh... I can't understand you. Tell me how you know my cousin, why you talk so calmly to him, how he knows you, and oh yah, EVERYTHING ELSE!"
Ichigo thought for a second, and decided on the truth.

"Everything?" That's alot of ground to cover." He said calmly.

He started on his past, his adventures, and went on to his friends, and everything he left behind in his cloud of dust.
************************************
"So that's about it." Ichigo said when he was done explaining. Masa stayed quite the whole time, staring off into the distance.

She thought for a few seconds, then she closed her eyes. Her bangs covered her face and a small smile hinted at the crease of her mouth.

"I see. I can't say I was expecting that."

She said. She tried to deny it, but everything came together like a puzzle piece. Ichigo leaned back and took in a breath. He scratched the back of his head then closed his eyes.

"Now can you stop bugging me?" He reluctantly got up and started for the boys dorm. When she tried to call to him, he waved her off.

"Go to bed." He replied simply. She rolled her eyes and whipped herself around to the girls dorm.
************************************
#####Ichigo's Point of view#########
(Sorry but I'm switching POV'S for a while :)

I hadn't thought about it until now, but I realized something rediculous: why the hell do souls have to sleep.

Regardless of the reason, I lie awake all night reciting Kido, and any other soul-king-forsaken knowledge.

All I can think is: If I want to protect, I have to do this.

So here I am now. And it's morning.

I get up from bed and notice only Dai rustling through his things. Hes pulling something out, then...

"Morning, Dai. What are you doing up so early on a saturday?"
Dai jumps about 4 feet in the air and flings himself into a perfect bow. He freezes, takes a deep breath, then slacks his body.

"Oh...Um sorry about that. My family is really strict." He laughes, scratches his head, and I notice that he's hiding something behind his back. He flings it back into his bag and continues his bag shuffling.

I sigh and get out of bed. Today is the day I go to the Seireitei and take the captain's test. I passed the graduation exam a few days ago, but it's also the day Masa takes her own graduation exam. I don't feel nervous, but I know I should. I shake my head and get ready for the most stressful day of my life (okay, probably not, Aizen was pretty stressful.)

Masa is in the common room, knee deep in text books. A few of her friends are surrounding her, giggling and cheering her on. She has sweat on her fair skinned forehead, and her long hair is in two loose pigtails.

She puts down her books and scowls at me.

"Was the graduation exam as easy as you say? Someone like you shouldn't have passed." She says teasingly. I start to fill with anger, then remember that I was playing the level headed one at this school.