She actually woke him up?

She admitted she need one of her dads?

I hate that my little girl is having nightmares, she already is living in one, but the fact that she came to get one of us? She might finally be letting us in. 

She needs us, there is no one on earth who could go through this all on their own, it just is impossible. And some one as young and fragile as Maddie, she needs everyone she can get. 

Harry’s stare is on Maddie, just grinning down at our daughter. So gentle and precious, if only she could get a peaceful sleep. Her expression changes from blissful to frightened in a matter of seconds.

Her eyes squint as her head ever so gently rotates back and forth, as if trying to escape whatever it is that’s threatening her. Her head resting comfortably on Harry’s chest, pushes further into his desperately trying to create distance between her and whatever is scaring her. 

Immediately Harry pulls her into his embrace, cooing her, smoothing out her hair, planting kisses on her forehead, carefully rubbing the arm that is not punctured with and IV, “Its okay baby, its just a dream. Daddies here sweetie, your daddies are here.” He whispers hardly to the volume of audibly, as if Maddie can hear him in her dreams. Like they have some secret form of communication were the line between consistence is faded. 

After a few minutes Maddie’s posture relaxes and she is able to slip into a deeper, more peaceful sleep. Harry continues keeping Maddie as close as possible, “She was shaking to the point where I honestly thought I might have to go get the doctor. I don’t know if she was so scared from the dream or waking me up, but it was horrible to watch. And then I brought up the subject of her past, and she completely flipped out. Full on panicked, I don’t know why she’s so scared to bring up her past, maybe because she doesn’t want to relive it or perhaps she scared we won’t love her anymore, but all I know is that she has to grow more trust with. We CANNOT blow up on her again, I didn’t realize how fragile she is, and how much she tries to weigh on her shoulders. If only we could take some of that weight off of her. But how can we do that if we don’t know what weight we’re taking off her shoulders? If we don’t know what she’s gone through we’re clueless.”

I am left watching my daughter, no words needed. None said. Just nods. 

We all know that we must be more gentle with her, and we will be. We will do anything for our daughter. Anything at all. But we also know we have to uncover what she’s hiding. 

“We still have to talk to her about yesterday. You know, apologize for yelling at her and see what all that madness was even about.” Zayn says with his eyes searching Maddie’s angelic face for answers. 

Liam interjects with the conclusion that he must have been thinking and rethinking over and over in his head. “All she said was that her parents wouldn’t leave her alone. That she could see them and hear them. Completely mad, but how else would a rejected and abused child handle it? All she wants is a family, it makes sense to cling to them. Like their her last hope.” 

 “Well they aren’t her last hope. It might take a while for her to get there, but she will. She just needs time.” Louis whispers as Maddie starts to squirm once again in her sleep.