Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

Maddie’s POV:

The house.

Same as I remember it. 

One of the scariest places I’ve been.

A cruel family lives there.

People who are selfish.

Tortuous.

Ruthless.

They are all those things, I should know.

I was their victim. 

My head is spinning with memories and flash backs, a sea of images clouding my mind. I have to warn the boys, we have to leave.

I can’t form words. My body shakes with fear.

I never thought I would be here.

My eyes are glued on the house, as if my body is being pulled by an imaginary force towards it, one I cannot control.

I have to warn the boys.

“L-Louis, w- we we have to leave, n-now... now.. we must, hurry, please p-please.” My words jumbled my voice pathetic. I can’t make sense of the loose ends floating in my mind. 

Harry feels my body shake, my fear could be sensed from a hundred miles away. Tears want to escape but I must be strong and swallow them. 

“Maddie, what is baby? Whats wrong?” Harry asks as calmly as he can. He pulls me closer, my feet resting on his thigh pulling my knees to my chest. Heart pounding so loud that I can hear it in my ears. 

I don’t respond to Harry, causing him to pull me away from the car door and towards Liam who is right behind him. 

“Baby girl, talk to us. Whats going on? Have you been here before?” Liam persist. 

I am speechless, my stupid head won’t stop reminding me of nightmares.

I am drowning in a sea of thoughts desperate to find something to pull me out, I need someone. 

I lean into Harry, I grab the closest arm I find and wrap it around me. The longing to be held over weighs the sickening feeling of desperateness. 

Harry gets the hint and takes his arms and wrap them around my wastes as protectively as possible. I lean into his arm hiding my face.

I focus on slowing my breathe, getting control on my heart beat again. 

“Calm down baby, we aren’t on that street anymore. Its all over. I gottcha sweetie.” Harry whispers in my hair as he lays his chin on the top of my head giving the top of my head a kiss every now and then. 

I think they realize that what ever they think just hit me, I can’t talk about until my mind is at rest. Thankfully, they just give me time to calm down.